PDA

View Full Version : A little trade with Jason Hallowell

Bill Wyko
07-07-2009, 3:43 PM
A while back I said I'd give this radial arm saw to anyone that wanted to pick it up. Jason said he would take it but not for free. I said bring me a couple good cigars. He did alright:D An Opus-X and a God of Fire tubo. For any of you that know cigars, these are considered some of the finest available. I haven't heard if the saw still worked after sitting for years but I do hope so. I just wanted to say thanks to Jason and thanks for being a member here.:)

Jason Hallowell
07-07-2009, 6:35 PM
The saw is all cleaned up, and seems to run great. I'm off for Minnesota to do some fishing and visit family (in that order), and building a table and fence for the saw will have to wait until I return. Thanks again Bill. I'm still amazed at the number of really nice and helpful people on this site.

Loren Hedahl
07-08-2009, 6:39 PM
Sounds like you are both happy, however it seems that on this list when you mention radial arm saw in a positive light, the response is "I'm sorry, but no cigar!"

For me my Delta Turret is my saw of choice except for its messy sawdust spewing habit. It sets on large casters near the garage door that opens to a shed, so that anytime the weather is good it is wheeled out for use. When weather is bad I use a benchtop DeWalt 745 hooked up to a shop vac.

So if I were one of the parties making the deal, I'd be the one getting the RAS.