PDA

View Full Version : Beam Alignment for Epilog Radius Procedures

Edward Brown
07-07-2009, 3:26 PM
Hello again, I posted last week in the below thread about problems with our Epilog Radius. In the last thread I have included a picture of the mirror in the rear of the machine, the first one the laser reaches.

Well I was engraving a large plaque today and noticed the quality, or I should say the power of the engraving on the bottom left side of the plane was almost nonexistent, and the power in the top right was very strong. I did a couple searches through the forum and notice to mainly check for 1: if the plane is level and 2: to make sure the lasers beam is aligned. The plane was level, I don't use autofocus and my focal point was the same on the entire grid sooo I decided to call Epilog. They stated since I just replaced the mentioned mirror that the beam indead probably needs to be aligned. I have a tool coming next air as we speak.

Now they did say it would include instructions but if anyone has some extra advice on this procedure that would be greatly appreciated. I've noticed some Epilog reps have emailed PDFs to some others on this forum.

Thank you very much for your help!

Previous Link - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=115036

Bill Cunningham
07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Epilog usually has excellent instructions for any procedure. Just follow them step by step, and you won't have any problems at all.. One set of tools I did find I needed that I did not have on hand was a set of ball end allen keys.. You can work the tight area screws without them, but they do make things a lot easier..