PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hatfield's Shop

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-21-2003, 6:19 PM
Bobby Hatfield's Shop
I returned to Bobby's Shop this afternoon. He wanted some shots to show his 32' X 120' shop. Here's a few:
<center> Bobby can tell you more about it...</center>

http://www.zackjennings.com/1/HatfieldShopTour.jpg
Yes... There is a bathroom.

John Miliunas
03-21-2003, 7:38 PM
32x120!!!???? Where's the plane?! Wow, he could fit just under 11-1/3 of MY shops in there! Must be nice, but more power to him! Maybe one of these years.... :cool:

Jim Baker
03-21-2003, 8:18 PM
What a monster!

Bob Lasley
03-21-2003, 8:19 PM
what I would put in a shop that size, but it sure would be fun trying to figure it out!

Nice shop Bobby. I hope to someday get over that way and check it out in person and check in on Dr. Zack while I'm over there.

Thanks for the pix Zack,
Bob

Ron McNeil
03-21-2003, 8:22 PM
WoW! What a nice shop. It must be nice to have all that space to play I mean work in. My shop is only 14' X 24' but I make do.

John Miliunas
03-21-2003, 8:33 PM
...is the golf cart he uses to get from one end to the other!:D :D :cool:

Tom Sweeney
03-21-2003, 8:58 PM
Can a shop be too big?

NAAAAHHHHHH!

Dr. Zack - does he have a fridge, bathroom & bed in there? You could live in there if LOML ever sends you to the doghouse - that would be the place to go. :D

Not that I'm ever in the doghouse mind you ;)

Bobby Hatfield
03-21-2003, 10:06 PM
Zack, I didn't know you were going post these here or I would have made you wait till I cleaned up the center isle. Tom, yes to the bathroom, microwave, no to the fridge and bed. John, I need the golf cart to move back and forth when the concrete wakes up my old joints. Ron, it can be too big, it really is too long, and narrow for good tool arangement. Bob make that trip over in about two weeks when I'll need an operator for two saws, a shaper, sander and spraygun while I watch the varnish dry. Jim, monster is what I think when I'm running from one end to the other while spraying up front and sawing in the back, its a long way by quitting time. John, study hard on your tool layout to cut down on steps. Most everything arranged with thought but long and narrow is not the best.

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Well it is long and just great.
Thanks for posting the pics.
Look at the room for a TS with a sliding table - wow!
Do you really bring a tractor trailer in out of the rain to unload the wood?
From someone that doesn't have a shop.
:D

Pete Harbin
03-22-2003, 1:41 PM
That would be 8.7272727272727272.... of my shops!

You could save your knees some with roller blades, but they might not be too safe when wrestling with 4' X 8' sheet goods :)

Color me green with envy!

Pete

1st Playoff Game
NM Scorpions 4
Austin Icebats 3
A big win for the good guys!

Steve Clardy
03-22-2003, 2:17 PM
Wow, thought mine was big, 40x64, but Bobbys takes the cake. Yes, wider is nicer, but you still run out of wall space, which I have. When I moved in, [throwed in actually] I though mine would hold all my tools, materials, plunder, junk, 6 pickups, and on and on. But, I ran out of room quick when I got everything set up. I am lucky to have room to get truck in to change the oil when needed. Usually have to move stuff aroung to get it in. There never is enough room in shops, no matter what size you have. Steve:rolleyes: