PDA

View Full Version : CF Card Washed???

Hal Peeler
08-30-2004, 8:03 AM
This weekend after taking pictures of my daughter cheering at her first football game, I put the CF card in my pocket. As luck would have it, it got washed in the washing machine. :eek: I was afraid to put it into my camera so I put it into a cheap card reader and yes I had pictures! Clean ones, at that!!! :D
Now my question is this, if the card reader reads the card, then is it ok to put the card in the camera? Thanks in advance.
Hal

John Miliunas
08-30-2004, 8:26 AM
Just a WAG here, Hal, but I would say it should be just fine! :) Those cards are completely solid state. One of the directors here at work did the same thing with a 512MB USB memory stick and it still works just fine for both, read and write. :cool:

Matt Meiser
08-30-2004, 11:17 AM
My USB memory stick survived the washing machine as well. Cleaned the lint off nicely.

Kurt Aebi
08-31-2004, 7:07 AM
Hal,

If the card reader worked for reading the Compact Flash card, then the camera will also be fine with it. The only thing you really want to make sure of is that there is no moisture left in the pin/socket connection area. In other words, extract the pictures onto your computer and leave the card out on a table or desk for a couple of days to make sure there is no moisture left behind.

You should be alright.

Glenn Clabo
08-31-2004, 7:37 AM
Been there...done that...just make sure it's really dry before you put it into the camera. Blow dryer on cool worked for me.