PDA

View Full Version : confuse about what i need

Derek Voigt
07-06-2009, 7:27 PM
Hello all,

I've been reading up on lasers and stuff but always get confused by all the different things out there.

I'm really just keeping my eyes open for a great deal on a used laser but want to make sure that when I get one it does what I want it to do. Nor do I want to spend double the money for capabilities that I'll never use.

My primary goal would be to engrave pens and maybe do inlay pen kits and such. What should I be looking for to do this. And what else could a machine of the level and style do? Name tags? Etch glass? 3D wood craving?

Can some help me out or link me to something that has some answers!

Thanks!
Derek

Everett White
07-06-2009, 8:11 PM
Hello Derik,

I spent 2 1/2 years learning all I could by lurking here on the creek. I still did not have it all down when I bought mine but I by the time I was ready to "pull the trigger" I had the bases covered. There are so many people who have written about their experiences with different companies and that should give you a start.

Much of what you need can be found in the advanced search. I used it a lot... Learn each definition!

Ask the manufactures/sellers for samples and do not settle for a picture of a sample.

I cannot thank the Creek enough for the wealth of knowledge and examples that I am learning from.

Jason