PDA

View Full Version : Pics of some recent gloats

Scott Coffelt
08-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Over the last few months, I have taken advantage of a few deals to improve my shop tools. I upgraded my planer to the Ridgid that they clearenced for $149. It replaced a good hard working Reliant that I had for many, many years. Definitely a change for the better.

Next, thanks to Lowes reducing stock on Delta, I picked up the 12" twin Laser for $229. I had my shop set up for the DeWalt. So I needed to do some mods. I still need to finish the right side fence/table. It requires adjusting the Morticer location. I'll tinker with it this week.

Finally, the Festool ETS 150/3. I hoped to take it for a test drive this weekend, but will have to wait for this week. Nice tool and very light. I think I will really like it. The PC 333 has done me well, but I plan to donate to my father who has been having problems with his. I'll still keep the Ridgid 6" I have as it has multiple settings for aggressiveness (much like the Rotex). Side by side they seem to be both solidily built and about the same level of vibration... little to none. I will be using with my Fein Mini, so I used one of the adapters I bought at Coastal Tool, fits pretty well, though I cut a little too loose. I will order more this week, their nice to have around. I like the systainers, I see in the catalog they have quite a wide selection. I may have to buy a couple more just for hardware other other tools...

Anyways, some long overdue gloats (with pics that is)... and follow up on my pre-gloat last week.

Jim Ketron
08-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Looks like some nice Glotes there Scott!
are you going to use them on the new House?
Jim

Scott Coffelt
08-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Most likely. I have decided to hire a builder, but part of the agreement was I would do several things myself to save money and because I want to. I plan to build the Kitchen and Bathroom Cabinets, all finish carpentry, data, video and voice wiring, and most likely the tile work.

Dick Parr
08-30-2004, 12:43 AM
Congratulations there Scott.

Tyler Howell
08-30-2004, 5:19 AM
Xmas at Scotts house! Nice haul there. Love being a tool snob.;)