PDA

View Full Version : rotar problem

Cheryl Holmes
07-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I was hoping some one could help me out. When I am using my rotar sometimes my laser doesn't kick in and start working sometime it will just miss a couple strokes, sometime a whole letter and sometime not at all. I am not sure if I have a diameter problem, it doesn't happen when I am not using the rotar, but 85% of my business I am using the rotar...Any suggestions, my machine is older its a Hermes---- Vangard Laser 2001, but it runs excellent..my training on the machine was none, so I been playing it by ear for 4 years now.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Frank Corker
07-06-2009, 6:15 AM
Cheryl, I don't know anything about your particular laser, but I do know that on initial startup on a lot of laser engravers, the beam won't fire until it has been on for a short time. I would suggest, just as a precaution to avoid any losses, is to run the job with the lid up when the laser won't fire then close the lid and give it another go.

Rob Bosworth
07-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Cheryl, your New Hermes Vanguard 2001 is a machine that was made by Universal Laser Systems and re-badged for New Hermes. Depending on the year it was made, the Vanguard 2001 should run on either the New Hermes driver of a ULS M Class print driver.

I don't think I ever heard of a ULS system skipping the first few lines with a rotary fixture installed, but not without it installed. You might try contacting Universal Laser System's technical support to ask the question. If it skipped with both the rotary installed or not installed, then I would guess it is the laser tube. The fellows at ULS might have a better idea what is causing your problem. I doubt tech support at New Hermes would know how to troubleshoot that problem, because they do not have much experience with that machine made by ULS.