PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat

Mark P. Brown
07-05-2009, 1:16 PM
I went to Re-tool to see if I could buy a dust collector. The owner asked if I could use a non working unit. We looked at it and he said he had taken it in on a trade and it was working. I went ahead and bought it. I checked it out and found the start run capasitor was bad. $6.58 at Granger and it works fine. Total cost $46.58
Now to set up the piping.
BTW in the background is my better half who supports my wood addiction.
Mark

David Hostetler
07-05-2009, 2:50 PM
Mark,

Not sure, but guessing from the color, and it might be the pic, or my eyeballs, but that looks like an "experienced" Delta from the early 90s maybe...

Lose those bags in favor of a clear bottom bag, a proper cartridge filter up top, and smooth out the run from the impeller to inlet ring and you should have a really nice dust collecting machine...

I totally understand about having a better half that supports the wood addiction... Good score on that account too. Had one that not only didn't support, but opposed quite strenuously in the past. Life is so much better this way...

Mike Wilkins
07-06-2009, 9:41 AM
Nice score. Agree with David on the canister and plastic collection bag advice. I have a Delta 1 1/2 HP DC and made this upgrade after living with the original version for a while. Not easy emptying the bag with only 2 hands.