PDA

View Full Version : Just back from California

Brian McInturff
07-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Got back earlier in the week from California. Unfortunately I didn't have any spare time while I was out there to go see anyone. Had one heckuva schedule for work while I was there. The weather was great(I was in Irvine). I'm really jealous of the great weather you guys have. I've got to convince the wife we need to move. Low humidity, cool mornings. Wow!! Anyway, I'm going to pickup a portable air conditioner for the shop. I went out there the night I got back and the thermometer said 97 degrees. And that was with a window fan running. Hopefully I can get back to turning tomorrow and finish up that piece of Walnut I started prior to leaving. I checked it and not one crack in it. Hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th!!

Narayan Nayar
07-04-2009, 1:18 PM
Glad you're back safe and in familiar surroundings.

I've been in California for 10 years and while I appreciate the weather, it's not worth the premium I'm paying. Part of that is because I'm from Chicago, so I know how to deal with weather above 75 and below 72 :), but part of it too is every once in a while, particularly when my shop is feeling a bit small, I go looking at real estate elsewhere. Doesn't take too long to wonder just how much weather is worth...

Anyway, two sides to every coin, that's all I'm sayin'

Mark Norman
07-04-2009, 2:20 PM
Brian, Glad you had a nice trip to the left coast. Next time ya come out I hope you have a chance to stop by for a visit.

Narayan, Come out to the central vally or the sierra foothills where the price is still reasonable.

Dick Strauss
07-04-2009, 3:01 PM
Brian,
I hope you got a chance to go over to Laguna Beach. It is one of my favorites. The weather is real nice but you might miss the different seasons available in your area.

glenn bradley
07-06-2009, 4:35 PM
Everybody, come on out. There's always room for one more!

Dick Strauss
07-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Glenn,
That looks a little light to be rush hour traffic...I'd guess 2:00PM:rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
07-06-2009, 11:41 PM
You notice in the photo...none of the cars are blurred? That's because they are not moving!:p

Jon Knauft
07-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Hopefully you don't need a bathroom break! :eek: I'm sure running out of gas would be fun too.

-Jon