PDA

View Full Version : If you love Art Deco furniture

Howard Rosenberg
07-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Check this guy's website - www.pollaro.com .

Talk about a strong influence by Ruelhmann, perhaps one of my favourite bespoke Art Deco dudes from France in the 1920's and 30's.

In my opinion, English and French cabinet makers produced the most beautiful furniture during that period. Each country's practitioners had completely distinct styles from each other. Needless to say their output was remarkably different from what was going on in the US.

But this fellow! Talk about a great taste level and an extraordinary sense of line and proportion.

Howard

george wilson
07-03-2009, 10:40 PM
To to the Neander section FAQ's section and see the art deco jewelry box and table I made for my wife if you like art deco furniture. I never did any art deco before I met her,but she likes it.

Frank Drew
07-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Frank Pollaro is one of the most skilled craftsmen working today in our country, IMO; I guess that would have to include his shopmates/employees. His great strength, or one of his strengths, is in matching veneers, no surprise for someone so inspired by Ruhlmann's work.

FWW has featured his work once or twice.

Of course, his work, like Ruhlmann's, depends on a very deep-pocketed clientele; I have no idea how the current slump and concurrent sentiment against conspicuous displays of wealth are affecting his business.

Peter Quinn
07-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Great link, Howard. Thanks. I love art deco, at least the the best of it. I particularly liked that little doggy bed on his site. Not making one of those for my dog, she has already claimed my favorite leather arm chair.:eek: