PDA

View Full Version : Tool AND Wife Gloat

Brad Wood
07-03-2009, 6:38 PM
My birthday is in a couple days.... came home from work this afternoon and this was sitting on the counter waiting for me. My wife is awesome!!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-03-2009, 6:49 PM
I'd have to agree with you on both accounts but I'd bet the wife is handier!

Adam Cavaliere
07-03-2009, 6:56 PM
How funny, my wife actually got me the same tool for my birthday last year! It is pretty nice to have such a nice wife, huh? :)

Gary Lange
07-03-2009, 7:37 PM
You better treat her to a nice Dinner out somewhere!

glenn bradley
07-03-2009, 7:47 PM
Good score on both counts.

Larry Frank
07-03-2009, 7:54 PM
I also am lucky to have an loving and understanding wife. My wife got me the LN 4-1/2 plane this year for my birthday. I was shocked and delighted. I plan to keep her for a long time. And....I will keep the plane for a long time.

Chris Harry
07-03-2009, 8:05 PM
Nice deal!

I actually want to get that too, my birthday is Sept 20 in case your wife is wondering :)

Bill Huber
07-03-2009, 8:16 PM
I am sure you love your wife and I know your love that sander. I have one and at this point I just don't think I could do without it.

Great gift......

Terry Teadtke
07-03-2009, 8:51 PM
Brad,

So they finely got electricity in Yacolt so you can run that thing? What's next, indoor plumbing?:D Oh wait, I was thinking of Chelatchi Prarie.

Seriously, congrats on the great gift and the awesome wife.

Terry

Russ Sears
07-03-2009, 9:22 PM
My wife and I celebrated our 25th last November by driving up to Grizzly and picking up a bandsaw. Just wanted to toss in another awesome wife story :)

Brad Wood
07-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Brad,

So they finely got electricity in Yacolt so you can run that thing? What's next, indoor plumbing?:D Oh wait, I was thinking of Chelatchi Prarie.

Seriously, congrats on the great gift and the awesome wife.

Terry

oh man, tossing out the Yacolt jokes huh? I'm surprised you city folk know of these parts. As far as plumbing goes, well, at least we have septic... but believe it or not, we are on city water.

I actually want to get that too, my birthday is Sept 20 in case your wife is wondering
I'll mention it to her :D

seriously, thanks guys. This was a huge surprise, I guess she had been paying attention to the magazines I was laying out :p ... she's a keeper

Mike OMelia
07-03-2009, 10:29 PM
My wife is great too... birthday at end of July, she got me the Laguna Driftmaster! Aren't wives great? You are gonna like that sander.

Mike

george wilson
07-03-2009, 10:35 PM
My wife is a craftsman herself,and she knows what my tools and machines can do for her. I usually have to restrain myself. My shop is TOO FULL of stuff,and I can't get it decent looking though I made over 400' of shelving,and a very big lumber rack.

I'm teaching her to operate my Hardinge metal lathe,and vertical mill (she makes jewelry). Doesn't have a lot of use for my woodworking machines. Just as well,as her using machines is uphill all the way. She can't remember which way to crank the handles,though it is intuitive. The Hardinge lathe would be rather hard to hurt yourself on,as it uses mostly collets. I just hope she doesn't crash a cutter into the spindle and bugger it up! My big lathe is different,and uses big chucks,so she doesn't use that machine.

I started out to congratulate you guys who have supportive wives. there is a machinist's forum full of guys who have to sneak new machinery into their shops,which is too bad. They should have chosen better suited mates!!

Dave Lehnert
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
WIFE = TOOLS???????

Never seen much need for a wife but may need to rethink that LOL!!!!:D

Michael Roland
07-03-2009, 11:00 PM
...I have one and at this point I just don't think I could do without it...

I'm confused, is that comment about your wife or your sander? ;)

I know I can't do without mine (either one)

Don Morris
07-04-2009, 12:56 AM
A friend of mine who is a bowhunter got a new bow for his wife. Said the trade was worth it.

Mike OMelia
07-04-2009, 1:21 AM
A friend of mine who is a bowhunter got a new bow for his wife. Said the trade was worth it.

Boo. ..........;)

Terry Teadtke
07-04-2009, 2:06 AM
Hey Brad,

Everyone knows Yacolt is the place to be on a Sat. night.....or Amboy if Yacolt's dead.....or the Farger Lake tavern.....Seems like everyone ends up at Nicks, or at least they did.

There are 2 identical Craftsman style homes separated by a (then?) vacant lot near the RR tracks, might even be RR Ave? Several years ago there was a hospital in Yacolt along with several taverns (before the Yacolt Burn) and the 2 Craftsman style homes were on each side of the hospital. One house for the female nurses and the other house for the male MD's. I think the hospital burned down but I'm not sure.

I’m a long time Realtor in Portland, Vancouver and Clark County and sold the house that once housed the MD’s for I think about $35,000. It was the dirtiest home I had ever been in and had to wash my hands every time I left the house. I actually wanted to take a shower. Boy that was a while ago! I always enjoyed going to Yacolt but it’s a ways away.

Terry

george wilson
07-04-2009, 9:21 AM
Terry,you haven't been in the house my nearest neighbor(about 2 blocks away) vacated last year. There were a bunch of guys living there.No women,and no lights for about a year. They'd have women over,build bonfires and shoot guns in the yard.

When those clowns left,the new owners(or whoever) brought in a 30" dumpster,and for months were carrying stuff out and dumping it. The fridge was TAPED SHUT and brought out and dumped. I have no idea what the place was like,but it must have been 1 big bio hazard.

I live in the country,and there can be some strange types out here. Fortunately,we were separated by some forest and dense underbrush.

Brad Wood
07-04-2009, 9:21 AM
Hey Brad,

Everyone knows Yacolt is the place to be on a Sat. night.....or Amboy if Yacolt's dead.....or the Farger Lake tavern.....Seems like everyone ends up at Nicks, or at least they did.

There are 2 identical Craftsman style homes separated by a (then?) vacant lot near the RR tracks, might even be RR Ave? Several years ago there was a hospital in Yacolt along with several taverns (before the Yacolt Burn) and the 2 Craftsman style homes were on each side of the hospital. One house for the female nurses and the other house for the male MD's. I think the hospital burned down but I'm not sure.

I’m a long time Realtor in Portland, Vancouver and Clark County and sold the house that once housed the MD’s for I think about $35,000. It was the dirtiest home I had ever been in and had to wash my hands every time I left the house. I actually wanted to take a shower. Boy that was a while ago! I always enjoyed going to Yacolt but it’s a ways away.

Terry

I guess you do know the area - I actually live on Railroad Ave, but I'm down closer to Moulton Falls than the town of Yacolt. I'm pretty sure the hospital is gone, there is almost nothing in town. I've only been up here for three years, by way of Vancouver, Portland, Los Angeles.... it is a bit wierd sometimes for this city boy to be living in the sticks, but we like it a lot. Our closet neighbors house is a few hundred yards from ours and Yacolt creek separates us

.... Couple pictures I took this last winter of my place and Moulton Falls, which we walk to