PDA

View Full Version : Shopsmith news

Dave Lehnert
07-03-2009, 1:12 PM
Thought I would share this with other Mark v owners. This was posted from the Shopsmith forum.

Sounds interesting.

www (dot) shopsmith (dot) net/forums/announcement.htm?f=7 (http://www%28dot%29shopsmith%28dot%29net/forums/announcement.htm?f=7)

Mike Heidrick
07-03-2009, 1:18 PM
!! GENUINELY EXCITING NEWS !! -- FROM YOUR FRIENDS AT SHOPSMITH

I have some really FANTASTIC news for all Shopsmith MARK V Owners, as well as those who may have considered adding a MARK V to their home workshops.
Soon (late Summer of THIS year), Shopsmith will introduce an all-new, upgraded, computer-driven Headstock for the Shopsmith MARK V. Called the MARK V PowerPro®, here are a few of the features this new Headstock will provide:

state-of-the-art motor drive that will pull a fraction of the start-up amperage of current MARK V models (brown-outs are a thing of the past).
deliver 1-1/2 times to over 2-1/2 times the horsepower and torque (depending upon selected speed) of current MARK V models.
offer a reversible drive system that will allow you to perform operations that you just can’t do with your current model Headstock.
In addition, you’ll enjoy a much broader speed range than with your current MARK V -- and change speeds with digital, keypad controls rather than a mechanical dial. And, since there will be fewer moving parts, there will be less maintenance than current machines.
This is truly a quantum-leap to the 21st Century Shopsmith MARK V you’ve been waiting for…and, of course, you’ll be able to upgrade your current Model MARK V with this new Headstock at a fraction of the cost of a complete new machine.
PLUS…as always, all of your current accessories will work with this new Headstock, without having to make any additional adjustments or changes.
So, watch for more information between now and the end of Summer and get ready to step up to the 21st Century Woodworking Wonder….the all-new, Shopsmith MARK V PowerPro® Headstock.
It’s been a long time coming…but you won’t have much longer to wait. I assure you, it will be well worth it !
Bob Folkerth
CEO, Shopsmith, Inc.