PDA

View Full Version : Multi Gloat

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-28-2004, 7:22 PM
The past couple of weeks have just about trashed the tool budget for the year. Well, to be honest, according to the LOML, it HAS trashed the tool budget for the year! :D I am uprgrading my DC Unit in my shop to a 2 HP Oneida Cyclone. For what it is worth, the LOML MADE me get this DC Unit..............darn the luck! ;) I also received my Trend Airshield this week, and I look forward to giving that a workout when I get my shop back in shape. (I have the shop in disarray so I can install the Cyclone.) To top that off, I found out that my 2002 Ranger SC was just not enough truck for me, so I traded it today for a 2004 F-150 SC. After the deal they struck with the year-end incentives, and the HIGH trade they offered for my Ranger, I just couldn't pass up the deal. All in all, been a pretty good weekend for me, and we still have one day to go...............AND, I am on vacation next week, so I will have plenty of time to get the shop in shape and get to some much missed turning! It is nice to have a very understanding and supportive Wife............sometimes! ;)

Jim Becker
08-28-2004, 8:19 PM
Ah...the "other" kind of spinny thing hits you shop! Yer gonna like that cyclone!! Congrats on all. Do be sure to keep us posted on your thoughts about the Trend system, too.

Dick Parr
08-28-2004, 8:30 PM
Congrats there Kevin!

Waymon Campbell
08-28-2004, 9:09 PM
Wow - Major gloat... New truck and new tools, and all at the same time. Nice!

Dennis Peacock
08-28-2004, 9:24 PM
Way to go Kev.!!!!! :D

Now you gotta big truck to bring me some "big" turning stuff.!!! :eek: :p

BTW, Don't let that cyclone suck up all your pen blanks! :p :rolleyes:

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-28-2004, 9:34 PM
Careful what ya ask for Dennis....................I have some half logs of Elm that are HUGE! If ya want a couple, I will have room for them now! :rolleyes: Don't worry, I have you all lined up for some turning blanks. As luck would have it, I don't think I have any Oak for ya though. :p Thanks everyone for the kind comments and remarks............it is appreciated, as always. :)

Joe Mioux
08-28-2004, 9:44 PM
Hey Kevin

All that stuff looks good....congrats! I hope you have some good locks on your shop..... you know I don't live far away:D

Looks like a terrific weekend for you

again congrats on all the good stuff
Joe

Steve Clardy
08-28-2004, 9:55 PM
Sure glad you have yours ducks in a row and got the pics posted, cause the PIC PATROL around here would be ON YA BAD!!!!:eek:

Kevin Gerstenecker
08-28-2004, 10:36 PM
I hear ya there Steve! I probably just ruined the weekend for Chris and Tyler! Maybe I will try to sneak one by them next time, just to keep 'em on their toes. :D

Joe, I keep a good eye on my tools..................and if something comes up missing, all I have to do is take a drive to Carlyle! :D ;) :p

John Miliunas
08-28-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey Kev, talk about some major-league scores! :D Me thinks LOYL will have you REAL busy making all kinds of wood things, right on down to toothpicks! :D Congrats and have fun with all your new treasures! :cool:

Dennis Peacock
08-29-2004, 12:00 AM
As luck would have it, I don't think I have any Oak for ya though. :p

Tee-Hee-Hee.!!!! :D

I'm bringing you a nice piece of mo-squeet from down around "Taxas" for ya to turn sumpin' out of.!!!! It's one of my prize pieces. I have saved it fer you ol' buddy.!!!!! :eek: :D

BTW, I might even bring you a piece or two of some nice OAK.!!!!! :p

Jim Ketron
08-29-2004, 1:43 AM
Congrats Kevin
Enjoy your new toys
Jim

Rich Konopka
08-29-2004, 8:23 AM
Kevin:

Awesome !!! I see you went with the 35 gallon fiber drum and it appears it is for a basement shop. I am anxious to hear about the Setup and Configuration of the Oneida. Now that you have gloated you have to provide the details ;) :D

Tyler Howell
08-29-2004, 8:33 AM
That's gotta be a hat trick or the tri-fecta. Great score all around Kevin. ;)

Lloyd Brown
08-29-2004, 8:34 AM
I just bought the same truck( including color yeeks :D ) Ford has a promotion with Milwaukee tools . I was entitled to $500 gift cert. Go to milwaukee's web site Ithink there is more info or call the dealer and ask.
You could also pick Omaha Steaks $500 or $500 at CABELA'S if that interest you more than tools.

Ron McNeil
08-29-2004, 8:37 AM
Kevin, congrats on the news toys. The dust collection system should keep the old shop clean and I really like your new truck. I'm going shopping for a new truck this comming week and I'm leaning toward the Ford f150 4X4. Nice gloats and it appears you have a very understanding wife. have fun with the new toys and enjoy your vaccation.