PDA

View Full Version : Just a small wood gloat

Jarrod McGehee
07-03-2009, 1:27 AM
So Chris Fletcher and I got together and busted out his chainsaw until I get my own. We cut for a few hours and made a nice big pile of offcuts and lots of shavings. These are just a few pics of what we got and the pile of wood we got that is useable and all sealed up is a pretty sweet load.

I'll try to get some more pics up but my camera broke when I accidentally dropped it the other day taking pics of wood :confused:

here's the link.. http://sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=219 (http://http://sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=219)

and Jeff, some of that wood has your name on it so be ready. I'll box them up soon, first I'll try to get a little more stuff cut up and see what I can get you that's really awesome.

And... I have the lady that gave me this stuff, has another 8' pepper tree with roughly a 40" diameter and just as, if not more, burly :D

Christopher Fletcher
07-03-2009, 1:47 AM
For everyone's viewing pleasure:

Christopher Fletcher
07-03-2009, 1:51 AM
Second set:

alex carey
07-03-2009, 2:56 AM
beautiful stuff with tons of potential, nice stuff.

Steve Schlumpf
07-03-2009, 9:32 AM
Wow! Love the color variations and the wild grain! Going to make some beautiful turnings!

Jarrod McGehee
07-03-2009, 6:24 PM
Hey Chris thanks for doing that. And Steve, it sure will yield some nice things. Hopefully I can pull some power out of me and do the wood justice.

Bernie Weishapl
07-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Jarrod that is some good looking wood and boy does that stuff have some wild grain to it.

Christopher Fletcher
07-04-2009, 2:45 AM
Don't forget to cut and seal those burls!!!!

Jeff Nicol
07-04-2009, 8:12 AM
Jarrod, That is some pretty and wild wood! You have done yourself proud! I can't wait to get my grubby little mits on some of it!!! I sure do appreciate you sharing with a crazy man like me!! Nice job at cutting and the pictures are great! Friends a great to have!!

Happy Independence day!

Jeff

David Epperson
07-04-2009, 8:34 AM
What kind of tree was it? Was that mentioned and I missed it?

Christopher Fletcher
07-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Brazilian pepper. Most home owners here cut it and send it to the landfill because of the mess it makes on their driveways. But the wood underneath all those pepper pods is very unique. You never know what the colors will be like until you cut into it.

Jarrod McGehee
07-04-2009, 1:55 PM
ya it's gonna be fun:D Jeff the other tree got cut down the other day so Chris and I are going to pick that up too soon. and I got the money you sent too.

Jarrod McGehee
07-04-2009, 1:57 PM
and happy 4th

Mark Norman
07-04-2009, 2:29 PM
That is some prety stuff Jarrod!
Can't wait to see what you make out of it.

Cyril Griesbach
07-05-2009, 8:47 AM
Nice wood but please give some serious thought to getting some safety equipment for chain sawing. Shorts and tennis shoes don't make the grade. At least get some chaps and heavy work boots and some hearing protection. Of course if your legs are not worth $100 then ignore this.

Jarrod McGehee
07-08-2009, 1:46 AM
Thanks Cyril. I plan on spending some money on a new chainsaw and some equipment to go with it.