PDA

View Full Version : Help with font ID

Scott Erwin
07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I have tired What the Font, and even left a message for the gurus to look at it and no one has been able to help, so I am turning here....
I need to know what the 2 fonts are that are used in the attached picture. This is going on a plaque, and they want the font used in their logo/letterhead used. The logo was made "several years ago" and no one has any idea who/where the letterhead was made so contacting them is not an option. It looks similar to a rope but the rope fonts I have are not the same and are way off from what "Round up" looks like. The Golden State is similar to an old west font but nothing I have.
If someone can ID the font and send it to me it would be greatly a-pre-she-ate-ed !!

Thank you Creekers for your help

Dave Marshall
07-03-2009, 10:52 AM
looks like a modified Rockwell font to me. Playbill font is very similar. maybe a combination of both and then modify the kerning.

the second font is a modified Rope font

Mike Chance in Iowa
07-06-2009, 1:01 AM
I have to agree that it looks very similar to Playbill/Showguide/Anderson Thunderbirds/Old Town, but the G came from a different font.

I have 4 different rope fonts and it didn't look anything like them at all either.