PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Saturday Spent in the shop

Jerry Olexa
08-28-2004, 5:25 PM
Rained yesterday and today here in Illinois. Good day to work in the shop and try out the new router. Did a lot of rail @ style and raised panel with some cherry. The advantage of variable speed and taking several passes paid off!
No more burns in the wood. Still haven't opened the Delta 22-580 13" planer bought during recent Lowes/Delta orgy! Plan to build a stand for it w wheels and outfeed/infeed extension. Oh well it was a good day as is any day spent in the workshop. Now for a hot shower. I'm contented. What did you guys do today??:)

Tyler Howell
08-28-2004, 7:13 PM
:mad:Foul Stealth Gloat. Ten Yards. No Pix another Ten Yards.:mad:
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!!!! You have been here long enough to know the rules. Another 10 for willful defiance of the TOS;)

Waymon Campbell
08-28-2004, 9:18 PM
:mad:Foul Stealth Gloat. Ten Yards. No Pix another Ten Yards.:mad:
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!!!!! You have been here long enough to know the rules. Another 10 for willful defiance of the TOS;)

I say he should get 10 minutes in the penalty box...wait a minute, wrong sport. :D :D

Jerry Olexa
08-29-2004, 12:01 AM
Tyler, you're right... Guilty as charged!! But the project I'm working on isn't done and I want to proudly display it when its further along.. Besides my workshop was awfully dirty today and my dog is sick. Now I'm all stressed again. I'll try to do better in future on pictures. And Chris P. wants me also to do a new avatar! Anyway, 10 days w/out workshop privileges and cannot wear the new SMC hat is appropiate punishment!:)

Mike Evertsen
08-29-2004, 8:06 AM
I was in the shop all day too, I hooked up the new edge sander moving 110 breakers around so I squeeze in a 220 breaker. maybe today (Sunday) I'll get the shop cleaned up.

Tyler Howell
08-29-2004, 8:50 AM
Thank you Mike, good timing and great gloat.
Now Jerry this is the way it is done ! Mike steps up to the plate, Swings and knocks it out of the park.
Jerry your with friends, no excuses, we understand, we know about messy shops.

Now I want you to:

go back to the beginning
10 days no shop, is cruel and inhumain
show some new toyls,
show us some dirty shop.
show some project part way.
yes you may wear the SMC hat to protect the nice hair that many of us are envious of.

Have a nice day!:p ;)

Tyler Howell
08-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Mike is that an oscillating edge sander??? Way cool!:cool:
I was in the shop all day too, I hooked up the new edge sander moving 110 breakers around so I squeeze in a 220 breaker. maybe today (Sunday) I'll get the shop cleaned up.

Carole Valentine
08-29-2004, 12:30 PM
The necessary chore of sharpening. Planes, chisels and scrapers. Tried out the 3M micro-abrasive sheets for scary sharpening. Pretty cool.

Jerry Olexa
08-29-2004, 9:30 PM
OK Tyler Not the best but here are some pictures (i'm still not at ease w this posting w/o a preview ). Picture are of "in the middle of " arched Cherry headboard project . As you can see, not fitted, not trimmed, not sanded, etc, etc. Lastly, a picture of the new Delta 13" 2sp planer still in box, still in garage , unpacked but adorned by SMC hat. As I've said, I'm still a work in progress and my shop is still messy and my dog is still sick but on antibiotics, Plan to show you project when its all done!:)

Jim Ketron
08-29-2004, 11:04 PM
Nice Glote Jerry!
Tyler I new you could get it out of him:D
Jerry looks like you are off to a good start on that bed looks great so far!
Jim

Tyler Howell
08-30-2004, 5:28 AM
A very nice gloat indead and thank you for sharing Jerry. The sling will come off soon after all that arm twisting.:p ;)

David Hayes
08-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Quick! Someone help Norm! He's got a planer dropped on his head.

Seriously, cool in progress work. Thanks for the pics.

Dave

Chad Pater
08-30-2004, 1:14 PM
Quick! Someone help Norm! He's got a planer dropped on his head.

Seriously, cool in progress work. Thanks for the pics.

Dave

ROTFLMAO :p :p :p

Jerry Olexa
09-01-2004, 12:38 PM
Chad, maybe my ignorance is showing (not hard to do) but what do those letters @ bottom mean? Jerry (Ignoramus Advanced)

Scott Neblung
09-01-2004, 4:45 PM
Rolling
On
The
Floor
Laughin'
My
A$$
Off

Larry Browning
09-01-2004, 9:07 PM
Hey! I think "Jerry" is not using his real name. That guy looks more like a Brad to me.
Oh, and Brad, GET A HAIR CUT! :eek:

Jerry Olexa
09-01-2004, 11:57 PM
Scott: Thanks for the decoding!

Larry: You're right. My hair is a little long but my wife, Jenifer doesn't seem to mind. Well better get to bed, have an early shoot in AM. Brad
PS I will soon revert to a more normal avatar.