PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Air Filter

Tom Welch
07-02-2009, 2:06 PM
Does anyone have a Grizzly G0572 Air Filter? It's the 1044 max. CFM. If so does it do a good job of cleaning the air of dust? Are you happy with fit and finish? Any problems with it? Does the remote work around florusence lights, I read some reviews on amazon that the jet model remote is affected by the floursence lights. Thanks for any reply or input.

Tom Welch
07-02-2009, 3:04 PM
Never mind guys, I just pulled the trigger and ordered a Jet 1000B instead. Thanks though.

Doug Kelly
07-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Even though Tom went with the Jet, I'd be interested in any feedback on the G0572. Seems to be good value compared to other offerings based on the specs. In particular, it seems that the 'air cleaner' filters aren't necessarily spec'd uniformly and I'm wondering whether the "1 micron" rating that Grizzly puts on it is comparable to the Penn, Jet, JDS etc. I'm looking for a solution for a very small shop (12x16, say 1600 cu ft) so filtration efficiency is probably more of a concern than CFM flow rate, as any of them will probably provide at least 5 real-world air-changes/min.

Gary Lange
07-06-2009, 9:22 AM
I have the Grizzly G0572 in my small shop and run it when I am in there working. It does a great job keeps the air cleaner and healthier. The fit and finish are very good and with the three speeds and timer you can have it your way. I would buy one again in a heart beat.

Mr. Jeff Smith
07-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Even though Tom went with the Jet, I'd be interested in any feedback on the G0572. Seems to be good value compared to other offerings based on the specs. In particular, it seems that the 'air cleaner' filters aren't necessarily spec'd uniformly and I'm wondering whether the "1 micron" rating that Grizzly puts on it is comparable to the Penn, Jet, JDS etc. I'm looking for a solution for a very small shop (12x16, say 1600 cu ft) so filtration efficiency is probably more of a concern than CFM flow rate, as any of them will probably provide at least 5 real-world air-changes/min.

Amazon reviews show a distinct break from grizzly's usual fine reputation:
http://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-G0572-Hanging-Filter-Remote/dp/B0007D2WQK

glenn bradley
07-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Wood Magazine did a test where they cut a specific amount of MDF while running each of; Delta AP-200 and 50-875, General International 10-550, Grizzly G0572, JDS 750-ER, Jet AFS-500 and AFS-1000B, Lee Valley/Workshop #650, Penn State Industries AC620, and Shop Fox W1690. Dust that settled was collected in plates and then weighed to see which machine left behind the least dust.

The JDS won. The Griz, sadly, did not fair well. This was in 2006 so things have probably changed but I have not seen a decent bake-off of these devices since. The JDS works great in my dad's shop. Wish I had one but, my shop built (about $50) collects a lot of stuff; makes me wonder how much it is missing ;-).

Tom Welch
07-17-2009, 1:17 AM
Just a update. I received my Jet AFS 1000B Air Filtration / Cleaner unit. I have used it for about 2 weeks now, working in my shop nearly every day building cabinets. I have no more dust hanging in the air while working. Dust is no longer on everything in my shop. I currently use a shop vac. so I don't have really effecient dust/ chip collection like I need ( this will come next). So I have really seen a big difference. But best of all, the wife is much happer. :)

Tom Berninghausen
07-29-2009, 6:11 PM
Just a note on these air filters: the filters (both pleated and bag filters) are general use HVAC filters, readily available at any air conditioning filter supplier at a much lower price than the manufacturer. Grizzly is an exception as their prices are much closer to "real world" prices, at least for the unit referenced at amazon.

And, being the frugal guy I am, I blow the pleated filter out with compressed air.

Tom Welch
07-29-2009, 6:51 PM
Because, I mentioned it in the first post, the Amazon.com review about "the remote is affected by the floresence lights with the jet model". I have no problem what so ever with the remote in my shop, and the unit is hung between two floresence light fixtures. (as you can see the pic's posted in the above post) I just wanted to clear that up.

Harold Shay
07-29-2009, 8:09 PM
Tom I have had a Jet hanging in the lights for several years and the remote is not affected. You will like the timer. You can leave is run after you leave and it wlll continue to clean your shop and then shut off.
Harold

Tom Welch
08-01-2009, 5:11 PM
Glad to hear that Harold. It just proves that on some online reviews are some what questionable. I really enjoy my Jet 1000B. :) And am very happy with it. Good purchase. By the way I just ordered a DC from Grizzly today, a G1030. I plan to upgrade the filters and collection bags on it though.

Brad Townsend
08-01-2009, 9:01 PM
I also have fluorescent lights hanging all around my Jet and no problem ever. One thing that will conflict though is if you have a Grizzly cyclone DC, as the remotes are nearly the same and will trigger both the Jet and the Grizzly unless they are placed well apart.

Tom Welch
08-02-2009, 7:33 PM
Brad, That could be cool. You could use the same remote for both the DC and the air filter. :)

Brad Townsend
08-02-2009, 9:20 PM
Brad, That could be cool. You could use the same remote for both the DC and the air filter. :)
I suppose it could be seen as a positive. For me, I don't need the air filter that often, so I find it kind of annoying when I aim the DC remote poorly and end up turning both it and the air filter on.

Rick Moyer
03-27-2013, 6:46 PM
Was reading this (yes I know it's a few years old) and had to go try that out on my new JDS HP. Neither remote works the other tool (Grizzly G0440 cyclone). Both are IR and only work the tool the remote is for.