PDA

View Full Version : Compressor problem

Levi Chanowitz
07-01-2009, 7:00 PM
Is there supposed be air coming from the little square box with the emergancy shut off of my Bostich Compressor?
Yesterday, my compressor stopped supplying me with compressed air.
It kept working because the pressure wasnt building up.
I have an old Gast vacume motor that is much quieter, so I decided to retrofit it.
I disconnected the old compressor from the tank and connected the
Gast motor. It works. I do get a pressure buildup.
However
1. When it works, I hear lots of air coming out of the little square box with the emergancy shut off
2. when the pressure builds up, the compressor slows down the little square box stops hissing and a half a minute later it stops
Can someone help me out?
I can easily replace the Bostich with a new one, they shouldnt be too expensive, and they are waranteed for 7 years, but the Gast is much quieter

Todd Burch
07-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Sounds like maybe the pressure relief valve is stuck open. Maybe dirt or rust?

Rich Engelhardt
07-02-2009, 6:30 AM
Hello,

I can easily replace the Bostich with a new one, they shouldnt be too expensive, and they are waranteed for 7 years, but the Gast is much quieter
Check again.
Their nailers have a 7 year (limited) warranty, but their compressors only have a 1 year (limited) warranty.

For a much better warranty - quieter running - much heavier duty, check out the Ingersoll Rand 4 gal "hot dog". They run around $299.00.
It's not as portable though if you transport it a lot.

Steve Clardy
07-02-2009, 4:19 PM
Sounds like the diaphram in the pressure switch has a hole in it.

Levi Chanowitz
07-02-2009, 4:59 PM
I called the compressor repair shop and they cant figure it out unless I bring it in. My new setup may not work. They charge $92 per hour