PDA

View Full Version : Pin Up Girl Needed

Gary and Jessica Houghton
07-01-2009, 1:56 PM
I have a customer who wants to put a pin up girl on his knife. This is a long and skinny knife, so the girl can't be sitting. Does anyone have a good pin up girl that I can sermark on a knife? Thanks so much!

Dan Hintz
07-01-2009, 2:30 PM
Man, that third woman can twist!

Mike Null
07-01-2009, 3:02 PM
George

Please send all by PM and remove the pictures from your posts. I'm not offended by them but think it would be better not to post them.

Thanks,

onur cakir
07-01-2009, 3:04 PM
I guess vector ones will work better :cool:

www.kalida.com.tr/depo/pinupgirls.rar

07-05-2009, 4:47 PM
Apparently, I'm the only one who didn't see the picture. George, would you p.m. me with the pic?

Onur, I can't open that file.

Mike Null, I do not understand why the photos were remove would you p.m. me with an explanation? I understand some of the photos can be inappropriate, but I specifically asked for them. If I knew they had to p.m. to me, I would havew asked that. Now as it stands I haven't been able to see anything before they were taken off. Just a heads up would be nice in the future. Thanks.

For any others.... if you have any pin up girls, I still need them. Please p.m. me so that no one will be offended.

Thanks,

Jessica Houghton

Frank Corker
07-05-2009, 4:56 PM
Jessica, it's a winrar program, download an evaluation copy from the winrar website

Mike Null
07-06-2009, 7:59 AM
Jessica

We have to be a little more careful on this forum as we have people of all ages viewing the forum including many youngsters and others who may take a dim view of such postings. Sometimes it may appear that we moderate with a heavy hand and that is not the intent but we do want to keep it family friendly. That may at times require us to be a little more stringent than you would find on other forums.

In this case I felt that PM's would be more appropriate.

Moderators, especially this one, are not infallible, so your patience and understanding are appreciated.

Dan Hintz
07-06-2009, 8:10 AM
Jessica

We have to be a little more careful on this forum as we have people of all ages viewing the forum including many youngsters and others who may take a dim view of such postings.
Mike,

Not to completely sidetrack, but I have to wonder why a forum such as this would be frequented by youngsters at all. Even eBay lasers are over $1k, and I cannot imagine a 13-yo purchasing one, not to mention spending time on a forum learning about it. At a bare minimum I would imagine everyone is at least 16 (if not 18 and up). This isn't a tween social networking site like MySpace...

I don't care much either way, just sayin'...

George M. Perzel
07-06-2009, 8:16 AM
Hi Mike;
OK-I give up- how do you attach images to a PM or email thru SMC?
George

Mike Null
07-06-2009, 8:16 AM
Dan

You point is understandable but we view SMC as the forum and don't make rules for specialty forums such as engraving, signs, cnc's where it is unlikely that we would have children.

There are also those who may have personal or religious views who may be offended by such postings.

Mike Null
07-06-2009, 8:21 AM
George

Good point. It looks like you have to point to the url of the image using the insert image button. I'll check Keith and Aaron and get back to you.

Gary Hair
07-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi Mike;
OK-I give up- how do you attach images to a PM or email thru SMC?
George

You can't - but you can PM your email addresses and then send it via email. I can't speak for Mike, but that's what I would guess he meant.

Gary

George M. Perzel
07-06-2009, 7:13 PM
Hi Gary;
Thanks- yea, tried that twice requesting email address but no response. Guess it's not that important.
Best regards
George
Laserarts

Keith Outten
07-06-2009, 9:41 PM
The vBulletin software doesn't allow file attachments in private messages.

Concerning the pinup files you can understand that every forum here must abide by the same rules. We do have young woodworkers here, they don't post frequently but they do read every word that is shared because they are here to learn. If you consider how talented the people here are you can understand why our younger Visitors, Members and Contributors would be intimidated and less apt to post publicly. Some schools own laser engravers in their shops and The Creek is one of the best sources of information for shop teachers and their students available anywhere.

It seems that most of you have done more student teaching than you realize :)

07-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Thank you all for the input. I apologize for being short and upset earlier. I understand the nature of the subject could seem a bit much for youngsters, and ultimately in the end agree that youngsters should not see that.

Frank, thanks for the tip.

George, be patient with me... I have been swamped and can only get on the creek when I take a minute. I P.M.'d you with my email. I do still need them if you don't mind.

Thank you all for your help.

Jessica Houghton