PDA

View Full Version : Too busy to gloat

Mike Golka
07-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Been very busy at work trying to get ready to take holidays but just over a week ago caught a break. House of Tools is a retail chain that went out of business recently,:( bad for them good for me.:D I have been looking for a thickness sander for a while now and had decided on The General 15-150 single drum 24” sander. Well a week ago last Friday the receivers opened the doors to sell off stock, everything 25% off. So I figure here is my chance to get my sander at a great price. Sad to say they had sold the last model before I could get there after work.:mad: But on then on up side they had a model 15-250 dual drum so I scoped it for a little more than I was going to pay for the 15-150.:D Got it home and hooked up that weekend and it works great. Now I can get stock much more accurate than I ever could before. I have also been working on a new piece but won’t have time to finish it before leaving on holidays but here it is with one coat of tung oil with waste block still attached.

Bill Bolen
07-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Great stealth gloat and a beautiful piece in the works. Anxious to see the finished piece. Enjoy your holiday in the mean time...Bill..

Steve Schlumpf
07-01-2009, 1:12 PM
Mike - congrats on your new sander! Should make a huge difference in sizing your segmented pieces!

Nice HF on the lathe! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Ralph Lindberg
07-01-2009, 1:29 PM
Been very busy at work trying to get ready to take holidays but just over a week ago caught a break. House of Tools is a retail chain that went out of business recently,.....

WHAT?? My work takes me North on a routine basis, that used to be one of my regular stops. Not that I picked up anything every trip. But sometimes their sale prices on something tempted me enough.

Rats:mad:

Jeff Nicol
07-01-2009, 3:15 PM
Mike, The sander is just darn nice! Wish I had room and money for one. The segmented piece has some nice wood and cool design. Have a great holiday weekend and enjoy family and friends!

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
07-01-2009, 3:56 PM
Great gloat Mike and beautiful piece.

Mike Golka
07-02-2009, 8:38 AM
Thanks guys, oh yeh, forgot to mention I also picked up a Rousseau router lift for $100 Canadian as well. I wasn't realy looking for one but at that price how you say no?:eek: Also got a couple 10" saw blades and a bunch of clamps. You can never have too many clamps:D. Will miss the competition with this chain gone I'm sure, only a couple of place left in my area that specialize in wood working tools now.

Nathan Hawkes
07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
WOW! Nice gloat! I have some walnut crotch slabs for fl*t work that I've been planning on bringing to a friend to use his 18" wide open ended belt sander. I'll be running them through a few times....yours is the ticket!! I can't afford, nor can I justify the expense of a big machine like that, but man are they nice for when you need them! Dig the router lift as well.