PDA

View Full Version : Is it Possible

harry strasil
06-29-2009, 11:44 PM
That we Neanders could get some sort of loose knit organization going for the Neander/Galoot side of WWing here in the midwest, I don't know how many of us there are in the Central Part of the United States, and traveling long distances would be a big problem.

Maybe we could start some sort of loose knit group and maybe meet as a group a couple of times a year to Swap Hands on information and possibly even start our own Monthly Newsletter that could have information on using Neander Tools and methods from different members each issue. It would probably be better if it was an email Newsletter that we could each print off our own copy when recieved. Surely one of us Neanders has enough Computer Smarts to turn out a decent publication.

I was the editor/publisher for awhile of two Blacksmithing Bimonthly Newsletters and realize how hard it is to get members to send information in.

Its just a thought at the moment, but one we can kick around and see if anything developes.

I will help in any way I can.

Thank You

Jr. Strasil

Jacob Mac
06-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I would like to join a group like that. I couldn't contribute any knowledge or experience, but I could definitely show up.

I joined the KC woodworking guild in an effort to join a hand tool special interest group and after I joined I was told the group os a long ways off from forming, so I would like to get together with some people who could show me some things about handtools.

harry strasil
06-30-2009, 12:19 AM
there is a group in Topeka, Jacob, that has members all over, we get together every once in awhile, We got together last year at Don Petersons in Overland Park I believe. and Don is thinking of hosting it again this year.

Try Roger Nixon's small forum Traditional Tools, http://traditionaltools.us/cms/index.php?name=Forums , its a mostly neander site and Roger lives just outside Topeka. You are always welcome to come up to Hiawatha, Ks the first Saturday in October, where I set up my portable Neander Shop in the Wood shop at the Ag Museum there. I let Neanders play with my toys. LOL, Roger usually shows up to help unload and load and play with my toys.

mike holden
06-30-2009, 10:44 AM
harry,
Have you considered joining the MWTCA? Seems to be almost exactly what you are describing.
Mike

MWTCA - Mid West Tool Collectors Association

harry strasil
06-30-2009, 1:53 PM
I used to belong , and have demoed at one of their conventions and at state meetings.

Most are collectors not users tho.