PDA

View Full Version : Billy Mays

Colin Giersberg
06-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I heard that he died yesterday, and checking the news online, it must be true. I suppose the title of "King of the Infomercial" will go to someone else now.

RIP.
Colin

Dave Lehnert
06-29-2009, 11:15 PM
I had a thread on hear about it but looks like it got removed. Man! two posts of mine removed in two day. Going to lose my membership:D

Must have been something good posted in reply I missed.

Gary Breckenridge
06-30-2009, 1:54 AM
I see that Michael Jackson, Billie Mays and My Little Margie (Gale Storm) all died about the same time. I'll miss Margie the most and she hasen't worked in 40 years.:cool:

Walt Caza
06-30-2009, 7:04 AM
Hi All,
Yes, RIP Billy (blackbeard) Mays...

but, I gotta say Ron Popeil is the trailblazing Infomercial King.
The wide array of Ronco products from decades past were amazing,
and his presentation always sooo slick.

He pioneered the format. All modern versions borrow from his schtick.
How much would you expect to pay?
Not $400, not 300, not even 250...
and if you order right now...

Heck, I wish I was bottle-cutting, setting-and-forgetting, bald-spot spray painting and pocket-fishing right now!
Good day,
Walt

Matt Walton
06-30-2009, 9:23 AM
I know it's kind of twisted, but:

Ken Fitzgerald
06-30-2009, 9:49 AM
Folks,

I will tell you that there has been some talk about eliminating the Off Topic forum.

Too many members who post in this forum show an inability to use good judgement on what should be discussed or displayed on a friendly CIVIL website that is open to ALL THE PUBLIC....WORLDWIDE.....ALL RELIGIONS.....ALL SEXES.......ALL AGES.

If you want to continue to have the Off Topic Forum, I'd think about what you post here. Is it in good taste? Does it comply with the TOSs?

Mitchell Andrus
06-30-2009, 1:15 PM
I guess talk at the water cooler isn't as 'wink-wink, nudge-nudge, say no more' as it used to be.

It's back to actual conversations for a good joke, pun or innuendo.

I had to go and try 'inuendo' in word to see that it's got another 'n' in it. Tsk, tsk.

Matt Walton
06-30-2009, 1:24 PM
Ken and everybody else:
I am very very extremely sorry if I offended anybody. I saw that picture (with caption) on a website, and my strange sense of humor thought it was sort of funny. I will try very hard not to let that part of my humor show again.
Once again, sorry.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-30-2009, 1:34 PM
Matt,

No offense taken on anybody's part, that we know of.

In the last couple days we have had to do some heavy moderating on a couple threads and even had to remove the threads from public viewing.

These threads dealt with the deaths of MJ and Billy Mays. It is the opinion of most, if not all the moderators, that to poke fun or to be disrespectful of someone who has died is inappropriate and could be offensive to their loved ones, fans and admirers.

Remember Google and all the rest of the search "Bots" find all those comments.

In the case of MJ and Billy Mays, there are millions of fans and admirers out there who could be offended by it.

In other cases, when off colored or slightly off colored jokes, language etc.....this site is open for the entire world to view. Some language is inappropriate for public viewing.

John Shuk
07-02-2009, 7:00 PM
I'd really hate to see the OT forum gone. In the beginning I ignored it but I just love seeing what you guys are thinking about. I've learned allot here and come to be in awe of how broad, generous, diverse, supportive, and intelligent 'Creekers are. Many times I have typed out a post or gotten ready to post pictures only to delete them without proceeding for one reason or another.
Just take a moment to think about things before you post.