PDA

View Full Version : Thanks from a new member

Don Martindale
08-27-2004, 6:15 PM
Just a word of thanks. The wife recently let me update my WW tools, & this site (as well as the WWA) helped me make some of the choices. My only duty for this, is to build new cabinets, & an entertainment center. Other than that, these will only be used for my guitar building. It feels good to be a member.....don

Tyler Howell
08-27-2004, 6:21 PM
Welcome Don,
We have a number of Luthiers on board. We'd love to see your work too.
Great bunch of folks here;)

Michael Ballent
08-27-2004, 6:36 PM
Welcome aboard :D bunch of good folks here and lots of good information available. Also you will need to submit pictures of the finished good :) I especially would love to see the musical instruments you have made or will make in the future.

On the DIY Network they have a show called Handmade Music... Shows a luthier making a guitar and other instruments. It was amazing to see the process.

Don Martindale
08-27-2004, 6:37 PM
Can't post photos yet. The wife is a hobbiest photographer, & doesn't believe in digital. With all of the money invested in her Nikon equipment, I don't believe in it either LOL. I got tired of doing everything by hand, so I got a new TS, BS, & jointer. This should speed things up anyway......don

Chris Padilla
08-27-2004, 6:47 PM
Don,

Welcome! Scanners are under $100 nowadays! :D You see, Don, we won't let you get away with NOT posting pics!!! :D

Joe Mioux
08-27-2004, 6:51 PM
Hey Don:

I agree with your wife. Give me film or that "KOOOdaChrooOOOOmmmme, ...gives me those nice bright colors....gives me those greens of summer...makes all the world a sunny day, oh yea!"

Dennis Peacock
08-27-2004, 8:01 PM
Hey Don:

I agree with your wife. Give me film or that "KOOOdaChrooOOOOmmmme, ...gives me those nice bright colors....gives me those greens of summer...makes all the world a sunny day, oh yea!"

Boy Joe.......

Are we dating ourselves now or what? :confused: :D I just happen to have that song and still like it today. :D

Dennis Peacock
08-27-2004, 8:03 PM
Just a word of thanks. The wife recently let me update my WW tools, & this site (as well as the WWA) helped me make some of the choices. My only duty for this, is to build new cabinets, & an entertainment center. Other than that, these will only be used for my guitar building. It feels good to be a member.....don

Welcome to SMC Don.!!!! Take your shoes off and wade around a spell. Sit up under the shade tree and tell a few stories....I mean experiences.!!!! :rolleyes:

What about building me a fretless 30" scale length bass guitar (electric).? ;)

Joe Mioux
08-27-2004, 8:47 PM
Hey Dennis:

The good songs are timeless .....:)

Joe

Michael Ballent
08-27-2004, 9:17 PM
Can't post photos yet. The wife is a hobbiest photographer, & doesn't believe in digital. With all of the money invested in her Nikon equipment, I don't believe in it either LOL. I got tired of doing everything by hand, so I got a new TS, BS, & jointer. This should speed things up anyway......don
I am sure that the majority of the Nikon lenses she has will still work if she moves into a Digital SLR. unfortunately her current flashes will be not fully utilized :eek: Rumor has it that Nikon will announce on Sept 16 new DSLRs D2X and a new D200 :rolleyes:. Have her check out www.dpreview.com (http://www.dpreview.com) I think she will change her mind about digital after she sees the pics that can be made... besides you can get your pictures posted sooner.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
08-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Welcome to the 'Creek, Don! I would love to see some of your work! Again ......Welcome!

Don Martindale
08-28-2004, 12:11 AM
I haven't built a bass yet, though I've repaired many. Last year I got tired of building electrics (though the Tele style I built is still my main guitar to gig with), so I embarked on acoustic building. I started with an archtop, mostly for my jazz playing, but had to put that aside. Now I'm progressing (though slowly) on a Martin '000' style. I'll post with my progress with that, & questions that may come up with the cabinets. I haven't built any cabinets in years, since I helped my dad as a teenager (probably why I went into mechanicals). When I can get some pictures on, I'll go over my new tools......don