PDA

View Full Version : I broke my camera!

Jarrod McGehee
06-29-2009, 4:27 PM
Ok so I was cutting up this haul of Pepper that I got the other day and I was trying to take a pic for Jeff to show him what I had and the nice color in the wood. Oh and some of it is nice and burly. But stupid me, I wanted to move the wood into the sunlight for a better pic and i had my camera in one hand and was maneuvering it and the camera flew out of my hand:eek:

So no pics of the hauls that I'm going to get soon, I have another line to get an 8' pepper that is around 40" in diameter with all kinds of burl on it. :(

alex carey
06-29-2009, 5:09 PM
sad to hear, do you have any neighbor friends who you could borrow a camera from?

Harvey M. Taylor
06-29-2009, 7:11 PM
Who would loan a camera to someone that tried to move a pile of wood with one hand with a camera in the other, ha. I just had to say that, no offence, Max

travis howe
06-29-2009, 7:50 PM
Bumms Jarrod! Maybe it's time for that new 8MP water, dust and shock proof that Ryobi has on the new Tek 4 line...

Steve Schlumpf
06-29-2009, 8:58 PM
Jarrod - sorry to hear about your camera! Yeah, no matter how much we try to take care of things... stuff happens. Hope you can either get the camera fixed or find a suitable replacement!

Looking forward to seeing photos of your wood score!

Christopher Fletcher
06-30-2009, 12:35 AM
Jarood, I'm still waiting to turn some peppermills from the brazilian pepper I cut a couple years back. It's still pretty green though. I never had a chance to turn any bowls from it but the colors are amazing!!

Jeff Nicol
06-30-2009, 7:00 AM
Jarrod, It happens to most everyone, trying to get things done and going like gangbusters...............then splash the camera falls in the hole in the ice while ice fishing on Lake of the Woods in northern Minnisota! Not quite the same but the outcome is! The camera gods will shine down on you soon! They are getting pretty cheap so for a few bucks a cheap one might keep you going until the better one is attained! I can't wait to see the pepper wood!!

Jeff