PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Doctor or Pharmacist in the house?

Scott Shepherd
06-28-2009, 7:40 PM
Anyone here a Doctor or Pharmacist, willing to give me some informational advice. I have a parent with some issues and they are currently seeking medical attention for it, but I'd like to ask a few questions to someone, and I'm never at the doctor when they are there, so I never get the chance to ask a couple of questions.

I'm seeking some knowledge so I can get to their doctor and ask the right questions, but at this point, I don't know what I don't know. I've been reading everything I can find about the issues, but I need a little more info from someone that knows.

Let me make this perfectly clear, I'm not looking for medical treatment information, and the knowledge I'm asking for will not be used to change anything on my parent. They have a Doctor, or Doctors, and they are under their medical treatment and in no way will this informational alter that situation.

My question is basically a drug interaction/side effect question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Genovesi
06-28-2009, 8:36 PM
Scott,

Some of the WebMD or similar sights have a drug interaction section.

Scott Shepherd
06-28-2009, 8:38 PM
Thanks Bob, I've been all through those sites, and that's where my questions come in.

Frank Trinkle
06-28-2009, 8:39 PM
My wife is a Critical Care Nurse, and she recommended that you might start by going to this site and doing some research:

http://www.pdrhealth.com/home/home.aspx

There are other sites that discuss interactions and side-effects of various drugs all over the net as well. Just google the drug you are seeking info on....

Joe Pelonio
06-28-2009, 9:28 PM
I'd guess that "practicing" over the internet is cause for some hesitation for many medical professionals.

On the other hand, I got myself to the hospital for emergency appendix surgery after reading the symptoms here:

http://www.webmd.com/

Scott Shepherd
06-29-2009, 8:29 AM
Thanks all, I've combed through so many of the popular sites and they have been helpful in educating me to this point. I've got someone helping me know, so hopefully we can move forward.

I wouldn't dream of asking someone to practice medicine over the internet, I'm not the patient, so I'm taking this on more from a hypothetical side, asking "Is this possible, or would this have an impact on it" type questions, not such much "Can you tell me what to do", so hopefully that keeps everyone safe.

Just looking for advice, that's all.

Prashun Patel
06-29-2009, 8:44 AM
My wife's a pharmacist. PM me yr question.

Scott Shepherd
06-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks all, I've had my questions answered. I appreciate all the help.