PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Stool

George Clark
06-28-2009, 7:02 PM
Some of you may remember the "cookie stools" I made for my granddaughters last Christmas. Here is a "baseball stool" I made for a young man who arrived is this world about a month early, earlier this year. I am happy to say he is doing fine and starting to resemble the "Michelin Man" according to his proud grandparents. My wife's artwork gives a lot of character to my rather simplistic turning.

George

Bill Bolen
06-28-2009, 7:08 PM
Well both of you certainly did a fine job. Love the baseball bat legs!! Really sets off the baseball stool....Bill...

Steve Schlumpf
06-28-2009, 8:37 PM
Great idea George! You both did a wonderful job creating the stool! I am sure the young man will love it - once he is old enough to know what it is! Nice work!

Wayne Leach
06-28-2009, 10:45 PM
The stool looks like it will fit someones "butt" like a glove?
What a neat design and very well done. My compliments!
Wayne

Richard Madison
06-29-2009, 12:24 AM
That's cool George. Nice work and a dandy design idea.

john taliaferro
06-29-2009, 1:40 PM
that was a good demo sat. as we left mike said huh, i just had lunch with john,paul,george,and jimbo.

Joshua Dinerstein
06-29-2009, 1:55 PM
That is seriously awesome. I like all the touches. The paint job coupled with the baseball bad legs? Any little boy is going to love it.

Joshua

John W Dixon
06-29-2009, 2:26 PM
That is a reall cool stool! Very nice and the painting details are excellent. Great job to the both of you!

John

Larry Randolph
07-14-2009, 12:06 AM
I've seen George's stool in person. It is a kewl stool :)

He demo'd his stool at our last club meeting in Springfield, MO and did a great job for a gofer!

lr

Richard Madison
07-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Hey Larry,
Welcome to the forum! Would like to see some of your work and that of your other club members.

Have warm feeling for Springfield, having spent time at Drury College (now Drury U.) many decades ago.

Peter P. Brown
07-14-2009, 3:43 PM
What a fun idea! Forums are a great medium to see what other people imagine! I would have never thought of that!

Kudos to the wife as well.

Larry Randolph
07-19-2009, 2:40 AM
Richard,

Don't think my "art" is much worth posting :) George's is though... The paint work the his wife does is also fantabulous!!!

lr

Paul Gallian
07-19-2009, 7:41 AM
Well done George! Being a pilot are you planning a turning with an airplane theme? Are you keep the Springfield club inline :rolleyes:!
paul