PDA

View Full Version : Please give opinion on best bandsaw blade for my new 10" Jet.

Larry Rasmussen
06-28-2009, 6:13 PM
I'm hoping someone has a favorite blade or two to recommend available in a shorter length. I have ordered a Jet 10" bandsaw from Amazon for general shop use cutting curves for moderate size furniture and trim components. No tiny scrolls, no resaw.

The blade length is 67 1/2". They don't specify a maximum but it comes with a 3/8" wide blade according to one of the reviewers. I am figuring perhaps going with a 6TPI 3/8" general purpose blade and a 1/8 X 6 to 10 or even 14 TPI blade for thinner stock, tighter curves. May use 1/4" width for this, not sure.

The first thing I'll use it for is sawing some Western Maple 6/4 stock for speaker stands, a gentle curve. I'm going to try coping the inside corners on some crown molding I am going to put in our dining room, I'll have several pieces at 12-24", short enough for the band saw.

So anyway the saw will arrive this week. I went to order a couple blades for it and find that in the 67 1/2" length there are fewer choices. Anybody want to make a recommendation or two?

In case you're wondering I may well want to resaw a bit but knowing how much I like quiet machines and how much I dislike changeovers I decided to go with two saws, a little day to day use saw right at my elbow and eventually perhaps a larger saw with a 10-12" resaw capacity that could be wheeled out for use without changing blades back.

Thanks,
Larry Rasmussen,
Seattle

Heather Thompson
06-28-2009, 7:03 PM
Larry,

I would suggest calling Iturra Design at 904 371-3998, Louis Iturra will weld up blades per your needs and provide solid advise as to width x guage and TPI.

Heather