PDA

View Full Version : Laser engraving in white ceramic tiles

Miguel Pinho
06-28-2009, 2:04 PM
Hello

Hi saw some pictures of white cermic tiles laser engraved and they turned black.
Could anyone tell me what type of product we aply to the ceramic to engrave in black?

Best Regard to all

Dave Johnson29
06-28-2009, 2:13 PM
Hi saw some pictures of white cermic tiles laser engraved and they turned black.

They are LaserTile and can be found here.

http://www.lasertile.com/

Works out at about 2-bucks per 4" tile when you include shipping.

The other way is to use low cost normal tiles and paint fill but I am too lazy for that so I use lasertiles.

Miguel Pinho
06-28-2009, 2:26 PM
Thank's for the info dave. I´m not sure if this material is avaible in Portugal, but i will find out.

John Noell
06-28-2009, 2:35 PM
They will ship overseas but it is expensive (heavy).

Miguel Pinho
06-28-2009, 2:45 PM
Thank's john. I've already found a supplier here in Portugal. They call it here marmotech white.

Larry Bratton
06-28-2009, 6:31 PM
How about Cermark for ceramic and glass. It is available in black, blue, red, green, and yellow.

AL Ursich
06-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Just to cover the bases on tile, there is also Color Sublimation Tile done with special tile, ink and a heat press. Also Color Laser Toner Transfer Tile, done with normal tile, special paper and a Color Laser Paper Printer and Heat Press.

Just some other options to look at.

Another forum EngravingEct is another great resource for Sublimation and CLTT info.

Good Luck,

AL

Todd Suire
07-02-2009, 11:26 AM
They are LaserTile and can be found here.

http://www.lasertile.com/

Works out at about 2-bucks per 4" tile when you include shipping.

The other way is to use low cost normal tiles and paint fill but I am too lazy for that so I use lasertiles.
Dave,

I went to the lasertile.com site and was really impressed with their products; but I saw no way to order from them. Do you know if they have an ordering system or would we need to sign up as a dealer?

thanks,
Todd

Tim Bateson
07-02-2009, 11:48 AM
You have to become - register as a Distributor/Dealer first, or buy them off of someone who has.

Dave Johnson29
07-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I went to the lasertile.com site and was really impressed with their products; but I saw no way to order from them. Do you know if they have an ordering system or would we need to sign up as a dealer?

Hi Todd,

Seems like Tim is still bored at work and beat me to this one. As he says.

To sign up as a dealer I think you will need a State Sales Tax number.

Tim Bateson
07-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Seems like Tim is still bored at work and beat me to this one.

Yes I am, however.... I'll soon be changing day-jobs..again, but this time I'll not lack for work and I won't have internet access or limited access - VERY limited! It'll be good to wake up the 'ol brain again work complex IT issues.

Todd Suire
07-02-2009, 2:45 PM
Tim, Dave,

Don't sweat it. It's July 2nd, and I'm off tomorrow. Everyone at my office (day job) is running half-speed just waiting for 5 o'clock. "Bored" is a way of life at work today.

Thanks to both of you for responding.

Happy Independence Day!!

Jacob Hebert
07-02-2009, 3:07 PM
Ha, sounds like what's going on over here. Big lunches didn't help for most, either!

Dee Gallo
07-02-2009, 4:07 PM
You have to become - register as a Distributor/Dealer first, or buy them off of someone who has.

Not true - I went to the website and emailed them asking for a shipping quote and got an email from Jacquie Marote:
Hi

I ran your order through our system. You would be looking at approximately $55.00 for shipping.

Should you wish to proceed with this order, please give me a call at 503 667 1417. Or you may e mail me with your order specifications, such as color etc .

Thank you for your inquiry.

Jacquie jacquie@3scoreinc.com

No registration nor business number needed. Try it! My order was here in 4 days, across the country from them.

cheers, dee

Dave Johnson29
07-02-2009, 5:43 PM
Not true

Hi Dee,

Well that may be so for the truly gifted folk, ;):) but I called and was told to fax some stuff including my AZ TPT (Transaction Privilege Tax) number.

Dee Gallo
07-02-2009, 6:44 PM
Interesting. I wonder how I got so lucky?

Brian Knuckles
07-16-2009, 9:55 AM
Hey Todd,

When you go to lasertile.com all, towards the bottom is a dealer button. I thought you had to buy stuff, but you don't have to buy anything. I talked with a guy named danny & he gave me a lot of ideas with a product they pushing called Vector Glass. Its pretty nice stuff...great for awards....doing a lot of stuff with the marines.

i burn off the back & color fill the back with rub & buff; sweet. Also, danny gave me a couple of free boxes.

oh, & no business license was request or any thing like that...where you trying to place a massive order?
hope that helps

George Brown
07-16-2009, 1:29 PM
Interesting. I wonder how I got so lucky?
Just your lovely smile I guess! ;)

Frank Corker
07-16-2009, 2:29 PM
George, pack it in will ya, needing barf bags in a minute

Dee Gallo
07-16-2009, 2:44 PM
Just your lovely smile I guess! ;)

George, you're a smoothie. Frank, you're a riot!

Todd Suire
07-16-2009, 4:50 PM
Brian,

Thanks for the info. I looked at the vector glass and it is sweet!

Not trying to place a massive order yet, just looking to try out the products and learn some things. I don't like offering items until I'm sure I can make a quality product.

I'm gonna try some of the things listed here as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks to all!