PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic PM1300 Dust Colletor

Terry Padgham
06-28-2009, 12:29 PM
I recently purchased a Powermatic PM1300 and am using it with the dual 4" ports. The dual port adaptor is a friction fit over the 6" port and is not tight enough to keep the adaptor from wanting to slip off with the weight of the two collection hoses. It can't actually slip off of course but I have to keep pushing it back up to get the tightest fit. :( Otherwise this is a very high quality and powerful dust collector. :) Anyone else have this problem with the PM1300? Thanks........Terry

Mike Heidrick
06-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Couple options:

1. Tape a rool of electrical tape and wrap a layer or two and increase friction.

2. Zip screws

Tom Hintz
06-28-2009, 1:15 PM
I rappe3d mine with a dead blow mallet (not vicious or anything) and that seemed to stick it in place. It only fell off when I started puling on the hoses or something but one moderate whack and it has stayed put.

Terry Padgham
06-29-2009, 9:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.:)

Joaquin Franco
06-30-2009, 6:33 PM
I did not want to bother with the hose connector coming off anymore so I used a set screw to keep it in place. I was less than impressed that the hose connector was not designed to fasten more securely. Otherwise, it is a very good machine.

Michael Wildt
06-30-2009, 8:18 PM
Hi Terry,

Would you mind 'reviewing' the dust collector a bit more ? I'm in the lookout for one and I like that it is bottom heavy, versus some of the smaller delta's.

How does it run, is it easy to move across the shop floor, does it filter the dust out fine or is there still a fine layer everywhere etc.

David Winer
06-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Terry,

Would you mind 'reviewing' the dust collector a bit more ? I'm in the lookout for one and I like that it is bottom heavy, versus some of the smaller delta's.

How does it run, is it easy to move across the shop floor, does it filter the dust out fine or is there still a fine layer everywhere etc.

I'll toss in my initial impression. My new PM 1300 DC found its first use yesterday.

Yes, it moves about easily on its nice-sized casters and is noticeably more rigid than other dust collectors I looked at. I can move it around by its handles without difficulty over cords and the like. I can't yet say how effective the filter is in keeping dust out of the room, but I'm very impressed at its ability to remove fine dust locally while band sawing. (I forgot to turn it on at the first cut and a cloud of redwood dust instantly settled on the cast iron table. I vacuumed that and started over with the DC running to push about forty linear feet through. Not a speck of dust showed anywhere.)

Never had a dust collector before, but I am delighted to have one now. I wired it for 240 V. I'm using the Dust Right expandable hose and handle from Rockler--hooked the hose to the DC with one of their special clamps, and the handle to the other end of the hose with another of the clamps, then just stuck the handle onto the MM 16 band saw dust ejection port without need for a clamp. Nice. Also, the little remote controller works well for me, line of sight needed, but handy for toggling the machine off and on during pauses in the work.

Tom Hintz
07-01-2009, 4:14 AM
Hi Terry,

I also have a review of my 1300 at the link below if that would help. VERY nice machine. I have been using mine for a couple years now and it continues to work great.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/pm1300dcrvu.html