PDA

View Full Version : Performance Line Tool Center--know of them?

Ron Jones near Indy
06-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Has anyone had experience with this supplier? Their website seems good and gives the impression they are a good place to do business. I just thought I would check here to see if they are OK. They seem to have the best deal around on the Kreg master system. Thanks for your help!

Doug Shepard
06-28-2009, 6:41 AM
I've never ordered anything online from them since they're only about a 5 minute ride from me but I've been buying things from them for a good 25-30 years (clear back when they were called Crazy Benzy's and carried much more cheapo import stuff) and never had any problems with them. They've slowly expanded over the years and became a dealer for more and more brands. They're the only place I'm aware of (round here at least) where you can see 6-7 different makes of table saws in one place and compare them. I think they've only been much in the way of internet sales in the last maybe 5 years but they seem to be doing a decent jpb of it. I've read a stray forum post or two with positive comments.

Ryan Baker
06-29-2009, 11:26 PM
I always had good service with them. All of their local stores went out of business here a couple years ago now, however.

Philip Johnson
06-30-2009, 2:01 PM
I placed an order for about a dozen shaper cutters, I called to make sure they were in stock. I actually got right thru and talked to a real person. He called Freud to make sure the bits were in stock and called me back. I received everything in two days as advertised. I then figured out I needed a couple rub collars so called because they did not show them on their site, the guy again called Freud to see if they were available, he got right back to me with a price and again were shipped right out within a couple days. I will definatly check with them next time I need something, the service was great and good prices. One other thing shipping is reasonable too...I placed two orders because I had a credit on a credit card I wanted to use up, so was suppose to pay shipping twice like 15 bucks not a lot, I metioned that one of the cutters said free 2 day shipping, she said she would look into it. When they arrived they had combined the orders and gave me free shipping for the whole order. I would reccomend giving them a try. Call them if you don't trust the website you will talk to a real sales person.

Gary Muto
07-01-2009, 4:22 PM
I visit there at least 3-4 times per year. The customer service is good and knowledgable. I've never ordered since like Doug, I'm local. They have a good reputation with the factory reps since they get support for sales about twice per year. I would not hesitate to order from them if I wasnt' local.
I've purchased mostly hand tools, bits and blades from them, but they have a great selection and can frequently beat Amazon.com