PDA

View Full Version : How hot was it today in Texas????

Jim O'Dell
06-27-2009, 8:31 PM
Man was it hot today!! I spent about 3 1/2 hours ending at 2:00 working on the mower, the edger, and mowing. Not fun.
LOML called me to the front of the house a little earlier. I guess this guy ran out of gas in the heat. 121805 Couldn't quite make it over the edge of the sidewalk. At least I didn't crash until I got back inside. Jim.

Jim Rimmer
06-27-2009, 9:35 PM
The last year I lived northt of Dallas (Anna) I had a family of rabbits that lived in my yard. Not tame but not afraid of me. I was watering the trees one day and squirted water at one of them and he rolled over and let it splash on him. I lived in that part of Texas for 20+ years - I symathize with the squirrel. Great photo :D

Larry Frank
06-27-2009, 9:45 PM
Absolutely great picture. He (or she) must have not cared too much to let you get close enough for the picture.

Jim O'Dell
06-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Absolutely great picture. He (or she) must have not cared too much to let you get close enough for the picture.

Well, that's somewhat deceptive. I was about 30' away, inside the house. Picture was taken through the sidelight at the front door. After I took the picture, it popped up to a sitting position and was trying to figure out where the noise came from.:D Jim.

Tommy Curtiss
06-29-2009, 3:52 AM
6/27/09 it was 47c here in Al Asad,Iraq, that works out to be 116f,,and with the sand storms at night,it really kinda sucks,,,,,alot,,,,but I won't be here the rest of my life,,I just don't see how the soldiers wear all that armor all day out in the sun,,so I have it really easy,,we can plan our work,,they can't.

You guys keep making saw dust,I'll be home soon to help,,,Tommy

David Hostetler
06-29-2009, 5:01 PM
It got to 103 F in League City (just south of Houston about a mile from Galveston Bay) with 75 + % RH...

I am NOT watering my lawn and using the watering ban as an excuse. Honestly I don't want to. I water the lawn, it grows, it grows I have to mow it. If I don't water it, it doesn't grow... No mowing...

I need a cow to take care of my yard, but the exhaust they emit is a bit more than I want...

Stephen Musial
06-29-2009, 5:04 PM
I'll send you my 5 year old - same exhaust but he doesn't eat the grass.

Jim O'Dell
06-29-2009, 5:57 PM
Tommy, take care of yourself!! Jim.

Dan Mages
06-29-2009, 6:10 PM
Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum?

:rolleyes:

Dan