PDA

View Full Version : 22-580 sighting @ Lowes

Herb Kelley
08-26-2004, 5:23 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I spotted :) two 22-580's at the Florissant, Missouri Lowes today, about noon. The display unit was not around. Both of the 580's are in boxes, no price tags anywhere. When I asked the price the tool man said $4xx. When I said they are no longer selling for $229, he went to the customer service computer and said yes they are $229.
I did not see free video or blades on the boxes.
Happy hunting.

Don Selke
08-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Herb:

I just checked the web site for Lowe's under Delta Tools, Planers and they are not showing the 22-580 planer any longer. If you got one for that price, you are lucky. I was told by the tool manager here in Phoenix that they will not be getting any more in, all the display units are gone also. Not that I would ever purchase a display unit.

Herb Kelley
08-27-2004, 9:47 AM
Hi Don.

No I did not buy one.
I am a tool junky and really thought about it for that price.
My wife said you already have three planners now, what will you do with a fourth one. She is right. I have a 560, the Rigid (gray model) and the 580.
Given the interest in this planner at this price, thought I would pass on the sighting.

Michael Ballent
08-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Herb:

I just checked the web site for Lowe's under Delta Tools, Planers and they are not showing the 22-580 planer any longer. If you got one for that price, you are lucky. I was told by the tool manager here in Phoenix that they will not be getting any more in, all the display units are gone also. Not that I would ever purchase a display unit.Don,
I keep looking at the Lowes around in Phoenix for one.. I already have the Makita and I am happy with it, but if I find one I will let you know via a PM :)