PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good price on Trend AIRSHIELD PRO

Robert Parrish
06-27-2009, 7:49 AM
I'm looking at getting a Trend AIRSHIELD PRO and found it for $299 - $10 at AllproTools. Is this a good price and has any one bought from this company?

Darryl Hansen
06-27-2009, 8:15 AM
Yes it is probably the best price around. Make certain you get the new pro. I have purchased from them in the past they are a good company. Darryl

Robert Parrish
06-27-2009, 8:23 AM
Darryl,
What is the difference between the two models?

Jim Underwood
06-27-2009, 9:22 AM
Just a few bucks...:D

Get the Pro model if you're going to buy the Trend- it has better specs.

Allpro tools is a good place to buy from, quick service and support. I'm still working on my Pro- I got replacement pivot screws the other day. (One of the old ones had stripped.) We'll see if that fixes my problem with the faceshield propping on my glasses...:(

Narayan Nayar
06-27-2009, 9:24 AM
I got my Airshield Pro from them along with the accessories (extra battery, face shield coverings, etc.). Service was decent (I clicked "purchase" and it showed up on time).

The pro is indeed better in a number of ways. Plenty of reviews exist on the two which explain the differences.

Ken Glass
06-27-2009, 9:36 AM
Robert,
I bought my Air shield Pro about 6 months ago from All-Pro Tools. They have a better price by almost $100 for the Pro than anyone else. They are easy to deal with and will ship on time. The Pro is much more comfortable, quieter, and has better filtering than the standard Air Shield.

Robert Parrish
06-27-2009, 9:49 AM
I know there is an Airshield and an Airshield Pro but Darryl mentioned a newer Pro. I can't find any reference to NEWER Pro.

Darryl Hansen
06-28-2009, 5:40 PM
Darryl,
What is the difference between the two models?
the older model had two battery compartment. Ran about 8 hours sometimes. Had to remove them to recharge, The top was open so you could get shavings in your hair. The old filters were in the front of the mask. the old model filtering was about half the new one. could not wear muffs with the old one.

The new one has better balance. The filter is at about 2-3 microns, The battery recharged from within the helmet. The filter is on top rear of the new one, the top is closed on the new one so it is somewhat like a helmet. I had the old one and also the Racor (3M) power visor. I sold the old Trend kept the 3M for working in the yard. There is a world of difference between the two models. The new one is a completely different animal not just a redo.

BILL DONAHUE
06-28-2009, 7:14 PM
It's the best price around and they deliver as promised. I got mine from them and would do it again.

Walt Caza
06-29-2009, 5:30 PM
Hi All,
I am not sure yet if it's good influence, or bad...
But:

Oh boy...
I don't even have a tracking number yet, for my first lathe...
and I have just ordered one of these Darth Vader helmets!

Thanks to all for the idea, and special thanks to Darryl for clearly
making the distinction between the two models.

All I can do is try to get ready, while awaiting my new shop arrival.
I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.
It's harder than it looks!

AllPro had the best deal by far.
Gotta try to play safe...
Walt

ps Is it just me, or are these tempting toys a tad spendy?!?
hehe

Mike Spanbauer
06-29-2009, 11:25 PM
If anyone on this thread hasn't yet purchased one, but plans to - ping me - I'm going to list mine shortly.

the why: I am very sensitive to certain wood dust and the trend units just don't filter well enough for me :( I preferred the solution over my 7500 + face mask, but the 1/2 mask filter works better. I used it once - and bought the overlay set for it - its' unopened of course.

mike

Robert Parrish
06-30-2009, 8:08 AM
Sorry Mike, I had already ordered my over the weekend.

Dave Bureau
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Just ordered one myself 289.00 from allpro with the $10.00 off coupon

Joshua Dinerstein
07-02-2009, 5:06 PM
I was just at woodcraft this morning. They have the same thing for $298 (iirc) right there in the store. NO waiting to get it, no problems with returns if you don't like it. I was soo tempted but just can't buy one at the moment.

Joshua

Robert Parrish
07-02-2009, 6:04 PM
Joshua, are you sure it's the Pro model because their website shows it as $399 and the regular model at $289

Joshua Dinerstein
07-03-2009, 9:06 AM
Joshua, are you sure it's the Pro model because their website shows it as $399 and the regular model at $289

Yeah. I thought about exactly that when I was there. It was the pro-model. Could have been a single mis-mark because they had only 1 on the shelf. But it was definitely the pro. Sounds like it was a 1-off mistake which is kind of a bummer. Would have been nice to have a local source for that kind of thing.

Joshua