PDA

View Full Version : New Blade for my saw: something orange this way comes

Ned Bulken
08-26-2004, 4:33 PM
Well gang,
I debated for several days about what to buy for the shop with my birthday money, and in the end it came down to this;
http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/html/images/221.jpg

I just couldn't quite get over the price differential to the WWII. I'm keeping that as a goal, when the shop buys a new cabinet saw, a WWII goes on it first thing, until then I'll use this blade.
NO affiliation with Sommerfeld's but excellent customer service as usual from them. Can't wait to put it into use in the shop, hopefully tomorrow afternoon. Thanks again for all of the excellent advice on the WWII's, just didn't quite budget out, I'm also ordering a couple of scrolling books, and will spend the rest on some exotic wood for the shop.

Ted Shrader
08-26-2004, 4:47 PM
Ned -

Happy Birthday!
You will be happy with your new blade. Don't forget to swith back to a rip when do larger quantities of cuts.

Congrats on both,

Ted

Chris Padilla
08-26-2004, 5:16 PM
I've got several flavors, Ned: ripping, fine-cut off, General, some thin-kerf, 12" for the CMS, and even one for my Skil Mag. Worm-Drive saw! :D

Ned Bulken
08-27-2004, 7:58 AM
Thanks, Chris, Ted,
I'm sure John and I will get plenty of use out of it. We also have a glue-line rip blade which we haven't used much lately, and that will be used for any major rip cuts.