PDA

View Full Version : New Outfeed Table

Chuck Isaacson
06-26-2009, 11:32 PM
So I am getting the new shop all put together and I was working on a project that required some sort of outfeed support to do. So today I broke out the new tools and some lumber that I had laying around and I whipped up an outfeed table of sorts. So far it has proved to be very effective!!! Notice the nonstick friction free surface that I put on it. I am proud of my handy work and looking forward to the project that it will help me out with in the future. I am interested in your comments. Thanks.

Chuck

Ya like it?

Peter Quinn
06-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Good solid stock support is the key to TS safety and accuracy. Looks like you got it covered. Very elegant solution. But what if you need to use the planer? LOL. :D

I have used a macaroni and cheese box in a pinch as a dust shroud on a shaper setup. You are not alone.

Bill Huber
06-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Looks good, but I am not sure about how portable it will be, are you going to add a mobile base for it.

Rockler has then on sale, the good ones for $186.

:D

Chuck Isaacson
06-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Good solid stock support is the key to TS safety and accuracy. Looks like you got it covered. Very elegant solution. But what if you need to use the planer? LOL. :D

I have used a macaroni and cheese box in a pinch as a dust shroud on a shaper setup. You are not alone.

The planer is on the floor our of the picture. That is an empty box. I a building a stand for the planer, that is why I needed the out feed table. Should have it all glued up tomorrow. Will post some pics then. As for the mobile-nes of it, I really don't plan on moving it. I think that it is going to be the permanent solution.

Chuck

Ken Fitzgerald
06-27-2009, 12:32 AM
I scrolled all the way down for that?:confused:

That's using your noggin'

Bob Genovesi
06-27-2009, 6:07 AM
I think you should pattern it!

John Keeton
06-27-2009, 6:53 AM
Good ol' American ingenuity at its finest! And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why we are a superpower:D

Andy Bardowell
06-27-2009, 7:40 AM
Perfectly flush with the saw top was that entirely by accident?

Philip Johnson
06-27-2009, 8:30 AM
don't forget to cut a slot for your miter gauge before you glue it up

glenn bradley
06-27-2009, 8:37 AM

I'm sure he was able to "mist" the cardboard to cause just the right amount of swelling to get that perfect height. Seriously though, don't get hurt before you even get started. Let's be safe out there ;-)

Gene Howe
06-27-2009, 8:46 AM
Here's the other extreme.
http://www.joekrasphotography.com/architectural/enlargements/955-23%20Wood%20Shop.jpg

Paul Greathouse
06-27-2009, 9:52 AM
I'm not sure, Would the word "unique" work in this case?:D

Bill White
06-27-2009, 1:50 PM
Man!!! Ya sucked me in on that one. :eek: And just to make it worse, I made mine with shelves, a solid core door and some 2 x 3 legs.
Bill

Brian Kent
06-27-2009, 2:15 PM
I think it needs some elmer's glue and drywall nails.

Chuck Isaacson
06-27-2009, 3:36 PM

No, I worked to find the right pieces to get it to that height.

don't forget to cut a slot for your miter gauge before you glue it up

I will have to do that.

I should have put that it was the new Dewalt outfeed table. That would have gotten a few more of ya!

Chuck