PDA

View Full Version : SMC Hat Arrival-Quick Stature!

Jerry Olexa
08-26-2004, 3:20 PM
My new SMC hat arrived today and I'm really pleased! Good looking, great quality and identifies one as part of this outstanding forum! It almost gives you instant credibility and makes you look like a woodworker! Now if I could only learn to be as professional as most of you. Still a work in progress but at least now I look better when in the shop! Thanks (small head big hat) Jerry:)

Chris Padilla
08-26-2004, 3:52 PM
Okay, Jerry, we need a new pic of you. This one ain't cuttin' no mustard! :D I'll even rig it up for a new avatar if you like. :D

Dennis Peacock
08-26-2004, 6:42 PM
Thanks for the kinds words of appreciation there Jerry. I also like the quality of the hats and I belive that we are all trying to become better woodworkers. :rolleyes: :D

Jerry Olexa
08-26-2004, 6:42 PM
OK Chris maybe I'll send a picture of the hat because the face ain't much.:)

Chris Padilla
08-26-2004, 7:05 PM
Jerry, we know you ain't no Tom Cruise...no problem...lookie above at Peacock...he is proudly sportin' that mug...no reason you shouldn't sport yours, Sport! :D

I'll even clean it up a bit for ya! :D

Dennis Peacock
08-26-2004, 7:30 PM
Jerry, we know you ain't no Tom Cruise...no problem...lookie above at Peacock...he is proudly sportin' that mug...no reason you shouldn't sport yours, Sport! :D

Now Chris....there ya go stating the "obvious".!!! :D

Some folks are born with it....just that I wasn't.!!!! :eek: :p

I guess I need a new pic with my SMC hat instead of the WC hat!! :rolleyes:

Greg Heppeard
08-26-2004, 7:33 PM
Some folks are born with it....just that I wasn't.!!!! :eek: :p

I was born with it, but now I can't find it anywhere. :D

Dennis Peacock
08-26-2004, 7:44 PM
I was born with it, but now I can't find it anywhere. :D

LOL!!!!! :D

I can tell you're getting older....forgetting where you put it.!! I live by that around my shop. Now...where did I put that 1/2" bowl gouge? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

Scott Coffelt
08-26-2004, 9:56 PM
Hey, maybe we can get a group order set up for delivery at Terry's, save some shipping. So I am in as one, who else?

Jerry Olexa
08-26-2004, 11:21 PM
Me in a hat (any kind) is not a pretty picture. I don't have the cutting edge GQ fashion look (like Dennis altho he did provide decent hats!). Maybe with Botox, time and lots of blurring, I could qualify for a future photo ! Could I pose in a face respirator? In spite of all said, it really is a pretty good hat!!:)

Chris Padilla
08-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Okay, Jerry, I did my best with your new pic but I couldn't get the hat in correctly so I left it out. Still, I think it is a bit improved over your current one....

Jerry Olexa
08-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Hmmmm Does look a little like me. EMail that to me immediately so I can use as my new avatar but we have to figure out how to insert the hat. My wife just commented in the background' "its no wonder you 're not getting your WW projects done, you're always on the forum (and wearing that silly hat!)" Ouch!
Brad (Jerry in real life):)

larry merlau
08-27-2004, 1:13 PM
now that i could do for ya. just send both parts and will marryum together :) then chris can make the avatar. i would consider the offer of chris aas well fo rmyself. i need all the help i can get, but chris needs to make sure the fur stays in the pic. :D

Jerry Olexa
08-27-2004, 6:01 PM
Larry could I use your beard in the picture? That would work better than a respirator in that there aviator. Brad:)

Jerry Olexa
08-28-2004, 5:16 PM
Chris, you're not responding to Larry's kind offer! I've never seen you @ a loss for words!

Jim Becker
08-28-2004, 6:51 PM
EMail that to me immediately so I can use as my new avatar but we have to figure out how to insert the hat.
Just right-click on the picture and choose "Save Picture As" to save it to your computer. You can then upload it to SMC and use.

Jerry Olexa
08-29-2004, 3:04 PM
Thanks Jim. Will do. Where's Padilla hiding? Your visit must have knocked him down a peg or two. He's strangely silent about the new proposals or still outside working on the garage plumbing!:)

Chris Padilla
08-30-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm not hiding, Jerry! :) I normally do not do anything computer-related on the weekends as the garage gut, house chores, the kid, all take priority over killing time on the 'net! :D

Jack Diemer
08-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Only mess around on the computer on company time?? :D

Mark J Bachler
08-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Got mine also. Thanks much for the time & effort. Keeps the "no hair glare" down in the shop.