PDA

View Full Version : Large bowls

Jonathan Harvey
06-26-2009, 6:39 PM
How do you guys DNA large bowls meaning over lets say over 16". where do you get a bucket that will hold a 24" bowl. Is there a trick to DNA'ing large bowls? or do you just let the big ones air dry?

Steve Schlumpf
06-26-2009, 6:58 PM
Jonathan - I use a very large cardboard box - filled with shavings - and place the turning in a Contractor's Garbage Bag (thicker mil than most plastic). I then nest the turning (while inside the Contractor's bag) into the shavings and fill the bag with DNA just enough to cover the turning. Tie wrap the bag and let sit. Works great for any over-sized items!

David Pearson
06-26-2009, 7:51 PM
Ziploc makes big bags. Extra extra large are 2' x 2.7'. I make a big pile of shavings on the floor, then dig out the middle so it's bowl shape. Put the DNA and bowl in the bag, zip it up and stick it in the divot in the pile of shavings. It's worked like a charm for me.

Jonathan Harvey
06-26-2009, 8:05 PM
Jonathan - I use a very large cardboard box - filled with shavings - and place the turning in a Contractor's Garbage Bag (thicker mil than most plastic). I then nest the turning (while inside the Contractor's bag) into the shavings and fill the bag with DNA just enough to cover the turning. Tie wrap the bag and let sit. Works great for any over-sized items!

If it's good enough for Steve then it's good enough for me :D

Thanks I'll give it a go.

Bernie Weishapl
06-26-2009, 9:13 PM
I do like Steve for the occasional 16" or larger turnings.