PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 tool bar problems after opening Ver 13 file

Ed Lang
06-26-2009, 7:33 AM
Corel X4 has been working fine for months. I created a file and saved it in X4 format for me, and X3 format for another person to look at and edit. They made changes and sent the file back to me. I opened it without any trouble. Then I noticed that when I click on any of the tools on the left (pick, node, smart fill etc...) I do not see the button push in. No indication that I even clicked on it other than the options for each tool do change on the top and the cursor changes to the proper one for each tool, and they do work. Then I noticed that I no longer have the two "X" in the upper right, one to close the document and the other that closes the current document.

F8 while starting Corel will fix the problem until I open it again.

Help.

Margaret Turco
06-26-2009, 7:52 AM
I have had similar problems from time to time when converting to version 12 for somebody else to view. I usually select everything and copy into a new document and save it to replace the quirky document after checking that everything works. hth

Dave Johnson29
06-26-2009, 9:16 AM

Ed,

If you have ever saved the workspace, you could try reloading that after loading the errant project.

If you haven't saved it before, then start Corel clean again with F8. Make all the setting changes you like then save the workspace. Load the errant project and then load the saved workspace.

That might help.

Karen Thompson
06-26-2009, 9:32 AM
Corel X4 has been working fine for months. I created a file and saved it in X4 format for me, and X3 format for another person to look at and edit. They made changes and sent the file back to me. I opened it without any trouble. Then I noticed that when I click on any of the tools on the left (pick, node, smart fill etc...) I do not see the button push in. No indication that I even clicked on it other than the options for each tool do change on the top and the cursor changes to the proper one for each tool, and they do work. Then I noticed that I no longer have the two "X" in the upper right, one to close the document and the other that closes the current document.

Help.

Hi Ed,
Just wondering but can you see the top menu bar (file, edit, view, layout etc.....)?
I was just thinking (and I'm probably wrong:o) this might be due to page view options - if you right click on the grey area where the above should be you can select what you want showing on your workspace.

Karen

Ed Lang
06-26-2009, 9:48 AM
Karen,

I can see all of the tool bars. Everything works as it should.

I can even open a new document and move my mouse over to where the min, max and close icons should be in the upper right side and minimize the project, make if full screen or smaller and close it. The program knows about the spots to click, it just does not show me the graphics. The Tools on the left side are shown, but clicking on them does not make the button "push in" to show it is selected.

I will F8 and restart again. What a pain.

Scott Shepherd
06-28-2009, 9:32 AM
You sure you're not using the ebay version, "Korel X4" :D

Ed Lang
06-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I am sure, but now I have to go to eBay and see what you are talking about!

Ed Lang
07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Somehow I fixed this problem with some setting in the options menuse.

The problem is back! And I don't remember what I did to fix it!

Any help out there?

I'll post the answer when I find it here so we all will know.

I did not have to do a F8 startup and redo everything, but that does fix it.

There is another way!