PDA

View Full Version : An African Waterfall - Entry Table of Birthday Bubinga

Dave Verstraete
06-25-2009, 9:53 PM
The first project made from the Waterfall Bubinga that my family gave me for my birthday. The concept was sketched by my nephew Thom after I talked about the "waterfall" of wood. The finish is Waterlox. I am going to submit this in a local furniture design contest in the fall.

John Keeton
06-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Dave, when you first posted about the gift, there were several comments suggesting a vertical application - mine included. I think this project really makes the most of the live edge, and the waterfall effect of the Bubinga. Very well done, original and unique, and surely a contest winner! What is the dark wood used for the supports, etc.?

Dave Verstraete
06-25-2009, 10:03 PM
John
The other woods are: Carcass is walnut, dark supports are wenge,

John Keeton
06-25-2009, 10:29 PM
The walnut I picked up on - it is my favorite wood! But, the exotics are really foreign (pun intended) to me, and I do not recognize them by name. Ed Sallee, and some of the other box builders use them often, and I am getting somewhat educated - but it is slow:o

glenn bradley
06-26-2009, 12:34 AM
That's a great design, very eye-catching. Love the wood too, of course.

Eiji Fuller
06-26-2009, 1:53 AM
beautiful cabinet! I love the integration of the slab with the refined lines of the cabinet. Im not too keen on the triangle section next to the box though, but otherwise a fantastic piece. keep in mind Im hardly a design expert.:D

Corey Wilcox
06-26-2009, 8:51 AM
Very original design and I really like the live edge. If I were a judge it would certainly catch my eye.

John Thompson
06-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I love bubinga but simply can't afford it. I would have probably ripped those edges off but... you did an excellent job of using them in this case. The whole scheme is co-ordinated well and you have an excellent end result.

Sarge..

Craig D Peltier
07-03-2009, 11:29 AM
I like it, very unique. Good job!

Jim Becker
07-04-2009, 6:43 PM
Stunning design and work!!