PDA

View Full Version : New Update on Performax 22-44 Pro Drum Sander Eating Paper

Jim Foster
06-25-2009, 11:14 AM
I picked up some 120 grit "x" cloth paper. I had 35 and 80 grit cloth paper. The 120 is working much better, but I am double feeding stock now and I realized I was clipping the paper in wrong on the clip that helps tighten the paper. I was doing it in a fashion that left the paper clipped in, but in a position that the clip could not tighten the paper as it stretches. I am also only lowering the drum 1/6 per run instead of 1/4.

I'll try 80 again, and see these changes give me more reliable sanding with the 80 grit.

I'm also going to try 150, and see if I can get good results without burnishing. I would like to skip 80 grit ROS and starts at 120 if I can. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for the previous advice.

ADDED: The paper is still stretching and/or coming lose after some use. I'll run 50ft of 12" wide stock through twice and somewhere before getting finished I'll have to re-tighten the paper or re-wrap it. Other than this it's a nice machine and I would like to like it. :) The paper I am using is Klingspor, I just picked up another brand and I'll see if it stretches less. Unfortunately most of the small project I have to do (lots of glued panels) will require 1-2 hours of fairly rigorous use at a time.