PDA

View Full Version : Daughter is now an RN

Rob Cunningham
06-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Our daughter took her state boards on Saturday afternoon. After an incredibly long 48 hour wait, she was notified that she passed. She has a part time job lined up at the hospital where she has worked as a nurse's aid while going to college. In the fall she will return to college to pursue her Bachelor's degree in nursing while continuing to work weekends. Then possibly on to a Master's degree. She has worked very hard through her first two years of college maintaining a 3.85 GPA. We are very proud of her.

Brian Kent
06-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Congratulations to her and to her parents!

Nursing is a fantastic career both in its contribution to people's lives and in its job security.

Give her a pat on the back from all of us!

Brian

Glenn Clabo
06-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Great news Rob!
My wife is a nurse and the Associate Dean at URI. It is a wonderful...rewarding...but tough profession. It is also one of the most misunderstood and in general unappreciated...until you or a loved one gets sick.

Phyllis Meyer
06-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Please tell your daughter we are proud of her! What a wonderful accomplishment!

Phyllis:)

Garth Keel
06-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Its a good profession, although difficult, and your daughter is taking the right step in continuing on to a BS in nursing. Many states now, and more in the future, will require the advanced degree.

Nurses in my family: ex-wife, 2 SIL. All good nurses; there can't be too many

Mitchell Andrus
06-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Very nice. Wish her well for all of us.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Congrats to you and your daughter! It is one of the most unappreciated professions IMHO.

I have a sister who is a nurse-practioner. She is who I want to talk with when I have a serious medical problem.

Steve Schlumpf
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Congrats to you and your daughter!

My sister is an RN - has been for many years. Anytime I need the straight scoop on anything medical, I can ask her and count on the info being right. It's nice to have an RN in the family!

Jim Becker
06-24-2009, 3:30 PM
Congratulations to you and your daughter!

Joe Pelonio
06-24-2009, 8:32 PM
Let me add my congratulations too! It seems that these days that's one of the few jobs with good pay that's still in great demand, best of success to her.

Rob Cunningham
06-26-2009, 9:00 AM
Thanks for all the congrats everyone.

Joe, you are right about the good pay. She's starting for more per hour than I make after 27 years as a Tool and Die Maker.

Nate Carey
06-26-2009, 9:06 AM
Rob, you provided her with a sturdy foundation and she has built well on that foundation.