PDA

View Full Version : VersaCAMM VP300 or DCS

Peter Meacham
06-24-2009, 9:25 AM
I want to start printing signs on substaits such as PVC or other such sheet goods that are available nowadays.

I am undecided on whether to purchase a direct printing printer (DCS type, etc) or a vinyl sheet type printer (VP300, etc)

Anyone have any experience with either method or any recommendations please.

I will be going to the Long Beach, CA show in July and would like to see what "show specials" are available for the method of printing that I finally end up going with.

Thanks, Pete

Mike Null
06-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Pete

I don't have experience with this equipment but there is a huge market for decals which means print and cut so you might want to take a look at that equipment as well as I believe it could also do signs in full color.

Joe Pelonio
06-24-2009, 8:34 PM
Full-service shops will have both, but I think the vinyl printer is more versatile because you can always apply the vinyl to a substrate that's already been cut. With the flatbed you print directly on the substrate and then cut it to size, more difficult without damaging the image, and you cannot apply it to windows, vehicles, walls etc.

Peter Meacham
06-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Mike and Joe - I will take your advice in tow when I go to the Long Beach sign show next month.