PDA

View Full Version : Router Fence attached to Table Saw Fence

Jerry Todd
08-25-2004, 4:13 PM
I recently purchased a Woodhaven router table that replaced the right hand table saw extension, (Jet JTSD-10XL). Discovered that Woodhaven also made a router fence that attaches to the Table saw fence by means of two "L" brackets. Came with lots of accessories, Glide Block, Vertical Hold-Down Horizental Hold-In, and of course a Router-Guard. Placed a PC 7518 in a E-Z Lift. Works like a champ and I am real happy with the addition. The Table Saw is a better height for me as my router table is too tall, OK I"M "vertically challenged". :D

Chris Padilla
08-25-2004, 4:44 PM
So, uh, Jerry...what is the question? ;) Look good! :D

Jerry Todd
08-25-2004, 5:01 PM
Chris,
I didn't have a question. Just wanted to let folks know something like this was available and on the market. Had asked the question awhile ago and had a limited feedback. Just happened to find it in the Woodhaven Catalog and since a lot of the new saws now come with a router table attached thought others might be interested.
Jerry

Bob Hovde
08-25-2004, 5:04 PM
Stealth gloat! -But pics were included, so I guess it's OK.

Bob

Chris Padilla
08-25-2004, 5:24 PM
Chris,
I didn't have a question. Jerry
Jerry, I was just pullin' your leg...see the ;) winky, winky emoticon? :D

Bruce Page
08-25-2004, 5:42 PM
Jerry, I bought the Woodhaven about 1 1/2 years ago and have been very happy with it. In fact all the stuff that I have gotton from Woodhaven has been first class.

It looks like they have changed the design a little from the one I have, see link: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=432

Mark Singer
08-25-2004, 6:14 PM
Jerry ,
It looks like a great set up!

Alan Tolchinsky
08-25-2004, 8:10 PM
Hi Jerry, I was thinking of doing this for space reasons. I have a regular router table but I'm not happy with the fence or dust collection. How do you like using it? Any drawbacks compared to a regular router cabinet assuming that's what you had? Looks like a great set up there! Alan in Md.

Jerry Todd
08-25-2004, 9:09 PM
Alan,
I have only done a few small tests. Will try to put in thru the paces in the next few days. The little bit I have tested has left a big smile on my ugly mug. Time will tell. I did not have a miter track on my other table so I hope to take advantage of this one.
Jerry

Steve Clardy
08-25-2004, 9:35 PM
Looks good Jerry. I think you will like it.:)
I have the Accusquare [Mulecab] fence. 7' rails. I also bought the router fence and table accessory. Haven't had a use for the fence yet, but have used the router in it. I use it with a router setup to clean up top arched rails for doors. Just drop it in when needed, remove when it's in the way.
Only problem I have encountered is that with that big hole in the table, when I am ripping 1/4" sheet material or thin lamanite, sometimes that hole is right in the way and the end of the rip will drop in that hole and stop you dead. :eek:
I need to make a false plate and set in there so that won't happen.

Steve

Dennis Peacock
08-25-2004, 9:47 PM
I need to make a false plate and set in there so that won't happen.

Steve

Now THAT's using the old head for something other than hanging your hat on!!! :p :D

scott spencer
08-26-2004, 4:57 PM
Looks good Jerry. I've got a shop made router table and fence on my GI saw, that have some uncanny similarities. Enjoy!