PDA

View Full Version : Did I do something wrong?

Jim Rimmer
06-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Earlier tonight i answered a thread and gave some advice on finishing. I came back later to see if anyone agreed or disagreed or had any comments and now I can't find it. Did I do something wrong that got it deleted?

And, when I search forums for my name I only get one hit and that's the old thread about nicknames. Anybody got hints on how to search?

:confused:

Bruce Page
06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Is this it?
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=115059

Ken Fitzgerald
06-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Jim...it's still there.

Question about your avitar?

Who's the person in the kacki shirt....is that a uniform?

Frank Hagan
06-24-2009, 1:14 AM
If you click on a username you can select "Find all posts by <user name>"; I see quite a few for you.

Mitchell Andrus
06-24-2009, 8:53 AM
Google has a few tricks too...

Try variations on:

site:sitename.com_term

sub your targeted URL for 'sitename' and your term for 'term'.

Jim Rimmer
06-24-2009, 9:46 PM
Is this it?
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=115059
That's it. Wonder why I couldn't find it? :confused:

Jim Rimmer
06-24-2009, 9:49 PM
Jim...it's still there.

Question about your avitar?

Who's the person in the kacki shirt....is that a uniform?
That's my son, LCDR Rimmer. We were on a Tiger cruise from Pearl Harbor to San Diego about a year ago. If you are unfamiliar with Tiger cruises, dependents are allowed to crusie with a sponsor as the ship returns from deployment. In the Pacific that is usually PH to SD. My second one. LCDR is a helicopter pilot (SH60 Seahawk) soon to be in a command role but not sure where yet.

Thanks for asking. Proud Dad, in case you didn't notice.

Jim O'Dell
06-24-2009, 9:55 PM
And rightfully so! Tell him congrats from all of us, and a continued thanks for all he and his mates to for us! Jim.

Bruce Page
06-24-2009, 9:55 PM
That's it. Wonder why I couldn't find it? :confused:

I just looked at your recent posts.

Jim Rimmer
06-24-2009, 10:04 PM
And rightfully so! Tell him congrats from all of us, and a continued thanks for all he and his mates to for us! Jim.
Thanks, will do. He has done 2 tours in Persian Gulf, two Western Pacific Cruises, and was on the Ike when it came out of dry dock after 3 years of refurbishing. Loves his job.

Jim Rimmer
06-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback on searching. I'm a little better at it now and hope I can find what I'm looking for in the future.

Dave Garcia
06-25-2009, 9:38 AM
That's my son, LCDR Rimmer. We were on a Tiger cruise from Pearl Harbor to San Diego about a year ago. If you are unfamiliar with Tiger cruises, dependents are allowed to crusie with a sponsor as the ship returns from deployment. In the Pacific that is usually PH to SD. My second one. LCDR is a helicopter pilot (SH60 Seahawk) soon to be in a command role but not sure where yet.

Jim,

Totally understand you being a very proud Dad.

As the saying goes, there are only two types of aviators; Naval Aviators and those who want to be! Please pass that along to your son. I'm sure he's heard it before though!

Also please pass along my congrats to your son for being selected for command. Having put in "my time" (20 plus years with 3.5 of those in Vietnam) I have personal knowledge of what it takes to get to that level, which most Naval Aviators never get the chance to do.

Am very glad to hear that you were able to take one of those "Tiger" cruises. I'm not sure if your son told you so in so many words but it probably meant more to him to have his "Dad" along than his "Dad" will ever know! That's one of those very, very special "father/son" things, especially in the uniformed services.

Dave Garcia :)
The Wood Block, Ltd
USN Retired

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2009, 3:18 PM

Congrats Dad!

I've photos of my son the then LTJG and I on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson taken when I rode her from SF to Bremerton.

My wife rode her in January 2002 from Pearl Harbor to San Diego to Bremerton.

He's resigned his commission, enlisted, is a CPO and is currently in dental school on a Navy scholarship.

Martin Shupe
07-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Uh...

Ken, do you want to explain that better?

He resigned his commission?

To enlist?

Why?

To get into dental school?

I am very confused!

Martin, who thought he had heard everything!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Martin,

He was a LT. If he goes to dental school as an enlisted man the 4 years count towards retirement. If he goes to dental school as an officer the 4 years don't count towards retirement. All doctors and dentists start out as LTs so as soon as he graduates dental school, he's an LT again.

They gave him E-6 and he's been promoted to Chief since.

Jim Rimmer
07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats Dad!

I've photos of my son the then LTJG and I on the flight deck of the USS Carl Vinson taken when I rode her from SF to Bremerton.

My wife rode her in January 2002 from Pearl Harbor to San Diego to Bremerton.

He's resigned his commission, enlisted, is a CPO and is currently in dental school on a Navy scholarship.
Isn't the military great on providing training and career opportunities? My son went to the Academy and during one tour was stationed at George Washington U. as ROTC officer and got his MBA for the cost of the books (and a lot of hard work). And the Tiger Cruises are terrific. I've been able to do it twice and hope I get another chance. Glad you and Mom both had the chance - my wife gets extremely motion sick so seasickness will keep her from ever going.