PDA

View Full Version : lathe motor problems

Joseph M Lary
06-21-2009, 3:55 PM
My Jet 1642EVS2 has a grinding noise in the motor sounds liks something rubbing in side the case . the book said to mail it to the service center ???

Have any of you had to deal with the warranty on a jet tool it just a month old.:mad:

David Christopher
06-21-2009, 3:58 PM
pull of the fan cover on the back of the motor and see if a wood chip or something got in there first ( should be a couple of screws ) before taking off the whole motor

Joseph M Lary
06-21-2009, 4:04 PM
did that nothing in there the case is hot on the end towards the head stock.

Larry Marley
06-21-2009, 4:47 PM
Just call them on Monday am. Make sure you have the Serial number.
They will get you taken care of.

Richard Madison
06-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Had very similar problem. Call where you bought it for warrantly replacement. Worked for me. WMH Tool Group tech service may try to help, but best if you work through dealer where you bought it. Mine came from Amazon. They sent me a complete new lathe. Anything you return, be sure to document the return, paperwork with description of item(s) returned, trucking company that picked it up, and driver's signature.

If it is under warranty, do not mess with it yourself, as you may give them cause to void the warranty.

Mac Cambra
06-22-2009, 12:01 AM
I just replaced my motor for a second time. There was a problem with the motors and I was told this has since been corrected.

They will send you a replacement assuming your machine is still under warranty. Otherwise be prepared to shell out $400.

Joseph M Lary
06-22-2009, 8:32 AM
Its only 2 months old ,and the place I bought it in town did not stock any jet lathes they sold some jet tools and ordered it for me.

Steve Schlumpf
06-22-2009, 9:22 AM
Really sorry to hear of your motor problems! I was thinking of something in the housing also but when you said it was hot next to the headstock........... that don't sound good. Best of luck getting the motor issues taken care of! Keep us informed as to your progress!

Joseph M Lary
06-22-2009, 10:03 PM
I talked with Danny at WMH tool group Tec. said to get sticker off motor and copy of the Invoice,serial #. Mail It to him and they would get me a new motor sent out . Sounds easy enough I will keep you up dated on it . Hope they got the bugs worked out of the new motors. Thanks for all your in put.