PDA

View Full Version : Wood blanks

Joe Luzich
06-20-2009, 9:15 AM
Has anyone purchased blanks from "GOT WOOD". I need to know if there were any quality issues or any other problems. I am looking for some abrosia maple.

Thanx
Joe

Chris Rae
06-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I haven't purchase any from them, but I have a friend on another forum who uses them fairly often and seems satisfied with their wood and their service.

CW McClellan
06-20-2009, 10:50 AM
If it's the Got Wood outta South Carolina --they have good wood products --I use it also --their Amb/Maple is very nice also their stained Tup/Poplar --yep their friends of mine -- they OK business

Woody Woodbury
06-20-2009, 5:19 PM
I've ordered a dozen or more blanks from them. One could not do better. The blanks were of high quality and waxed very well. They were quick to email me with status and shipping info. I think you will be more then satisfied with them.

Mark Hix
06-20-2009, 5:25 PM
I have ordered from them several times in the past and was very happy.

Ken Glass
06-20-2009, 8:57 PM
Joe,
Ditto on what everyone has said. I have never received anything that wasn't as listed or better. Buy with confidence.

Greg Bender
06-20-2009, 9:27 PM
Great guys to deal with,usually has a great selection.Shipping was reasonable .NCWOOD is another good source for blanks,I've bought from both of them on several occasions.

Joe,
I will try to get you a name of a guy who just started working over 7000 acres of family land that is turning out some incredible maple blanks that are burls,quilted,ambrosia,and whatever you need.I live close to him and recently purchased some burled blanks of maple and black cherry and they are gorgeous.He now has a website but I do not know what it is.When he calls me back I will post it if that is OK with the site.
Greg

Bernie Weishapl
06-21-2009, 12:09 AM
They are great to deal with and their wood is really good. I have bought a lot of blanks from them probably 20 to 30 and never had a bad one.

Joe Luzich
06-21-2009, 8:47 AM
Thanx for the info. Guess I'll give them a shot.

cliff smith
06-21-2009, 9:05 AM
i have used got wood and nc wood with great service and quality from both another is river ridge sawmill.

Clancy Courtney
06-21-2009, 9:30 AM
These guys have excellent wood.

Bruce McElhaney
06-21-2009, 10:10 AM
I haven't purchased anything from got wood, but have bought quite a few blanks from Dan Bailey at, roughoutbowls.com. and have always been pleased with his stuff.