PDA

View Full Version : a couple turned items

jack richington
06-20-2009, 7:33 AM
segmented serving tray with 2 closed end pens walnut maple cherry..tru-stone...polyresin

Ron McKinley
06-20-2009, 9:29 AM
Beautiful pieces Jack.......Ron

Steve Schlumpf
06-20-2009, 9:38 AM
Jack - very nice work on everything! Really like the design in your tray! Not often you see squares within turned objects! Both pens are colorful and look like they would be very comfortable to use!

Jeff Nicol
06-20-2009, 9:58 AM
I have been wanting to try some of the Tru-stone, how does it turn? It is very pretty stuff! I like the style of the pens and I am out to the shop to turn some today. The platter is just a nice segmented piece.

Keep em coming!

Jeff

Chris Rae
06-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Really nice work Jack! I like the contrast of the square pieces in the round platter. I also like the pens, especially the one that looks like malachite. Thanks for sharing them.

jack richington
06-20-2009, 7:04 PM
I have been wanting to try some of the Tru-stone, how does it turn? It is very pretty stuff! I like the style of the pens and I am out to the shop to turn some today. The platter is just a nice segmented piece.

Keep em coming!

Jeff Thanks..the tru stone is chrysacola and is VERY HARD..had to sharpen my tools constantly..but it sure is pretty stuff.. Thanks for the kind words

jack richington
06-20-2009, 7:05 PM
Really nice work Jack! I like the contrast of the square pieces in the round platter. I also like the pens, especially the one that looks like malachite. Thanks for sharing them. Hi chris..thanks for your kind words..the green is poly resin called emerald from exotic blanks.com

ROY DICK
06-20-2009, 8:46 PM
Jack,

You big show off.:D
I like the seggie.

Roy

Bernie Weishapl
06-21-2009, 12:12 AM
Really nice looking pieces. Well done.