PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for burls

Brian George
06-19-2009, 2:15 PM
In the Denver area. Visiting family and thought I could pick a couple up before heading back to Wisconsin. Any ideas would be helpful...

curtis rosche
06-19-2009, 5:45 PM
what state. there are multiple denvers

curtis rosche
06-19-2009, 5:46 PM
did you take your chainsaw with you or are you talking about going to a store?

Jeff Nicol
06-19-2009, 5:58 PM
what state. there are multiple denvers
Are you for real? Curtis you ask some of the darndest questions, of course he is in Colorado and he is hoping someone out there would be kind enough to help him out with something free or cheap or information on where to get some. You make me crazy sometimes!! The niavete of youth is astounding these days!

I was young once too, but....................................

Jeff

alex carey
06-19-2009, 6:12 PM
We may be NAIVE, but we sure can spell. :)

Brian George
06-19-2009, 6:31 PM
I drove down from Rapids City yesterday.The family I stayed with in RC is cutting me some Gum. Has anyone eveer turned gum?

alex carey
06-19-2009, 6:47 PM
What kind of gum? I don't think gum itself is a tree?

Ditto on the sweetgum, its very pretty stuff and easy to turn.

David Christopher
06-19-2009, 6:55 PM
Brian, Ive turned some sweetgum and that stuff turns real good......get all you can get

Jarrod McGehee
06-20-2009, 1:50 AM
I've chewed gum and it tastes good. Some of them are sweet as well;)

sorry Jeff, had to throw it in there.

Jeff Nicol
06-20-2009, 6:23 AM
We may be NAIVE, but we sure can spell. :)
Alex, Don't you start now, a little typo of the "I" before the "A" in the word "Naivete" is not so bad. It is like this: "It is great to be young and naive, but the naivete of youth is taxing on the older, wiser and tried and tested members of this world. Politicians of the world excluded!

Jarrod, Why are you picking on me? I have sensitive green feelings and I think they are scarred for life! All you youngsters are are future so you need to keep us old crippled guys around a little bit longer!!! HA! HA!

Have fun boys!

Jeff

Brian George
06-20-2009, 2:56 PM
:DIt seems to me that this thread has gotten gummed up and could use some aluminum foil to dispose of it.:D:D

Mark Norman
06-20-2009, 3:04 PM
I'll share witcha:)

lol @ Jeff ya old curmudgeon;) Welcome to da club...

Ron Ainge
06-20-2009, 4:34 PM
I live in the Denver, Colorado and if there was a place here that I could find Burl cheap I could sell all I could get. I have a tree trimer friend and he brings me what he gets and I still don't have any. I see some on some trees around town but I am not in the mood for a midnight raid. I don't think the home owners would like me cutting there trees down for the burl.

Rocklers did have some a while back so you may try there. They are on Colorado Blvd. about 1/2 mile south of I-25

alex carey
06-20-2009, 8:22 PM
Sorry Jeff, I saw an unseasoned guy getting bullied and I had to come to his defense even if it was using a typing error.

BTW, I love your quote and I couldn't agree more. I'm in college and it's amazing what some of my fellow classmates believe about the world.

Ok, im down hijacking this thread.

I hope you found your burls Brian.

ROY DICK
06-20-2009, 8:34 PM
Unseasoned?

Roy

alex carey
06-20-2009, 8:44 PM
young/naive

Brian George
06-20-2009, 8:52 PM
You know, I've been watching all the trees in the Sante Fe/Evans area and haven't seen any burls at all. A lot of trees need trimming but apparently they leave it up to nature.

Has anybody worked with Russian Olive at all? ( Geez, I hope my spelling is OK!)

Brian George
06-20-2009, 8:58 PM
Thanks, Norm...I'll probably be in the Palo Alto area later this fall. Will try to look you up. Thanks, again...

Mark Norman
06-20-2009, 9:39 PM
No prob Brian, if yer ever in the 'hood please feel free to look me up. Palo Alto is just a few hour drive from me and Yosemite is just another hour drive.