PDA

View Full Version : Review of Bessey K-Body Clamps

Dean Bielanowski
08-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi folks,

Just posted a review of the Bessey K-body clamps if anyone is interested in having a read. Enjoy! here's the direct link:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/besseykbody.htm

Frank Pellow
08-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the review. I enjoyed reading it.

Also, thanks for the directions to the WEB site. It looks like there are a lot of reviews there that I will be interested in reading.

Jim Becker
08-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks, Dean!

The current issue of Fine Woodworking also has a review on clamps, including the parallel jaw type like Bessey K-Body for anyone wanting to compare and contrast.

Chris Padilla
08-24-2004, 12:43 PM
I read that article in FWW. I felt better about the money I've put into my Bessey clamps. I think they will last a long, long time and they are just super.

However, it opened my eyes to potential needs for other styles of clamps, too.

Frank Pellow
08-24-2004, 9:27 PM
Dean, you say in your review that the K-body clamps are reversable so that they can be used as spreaders.

They are not all reversable. I am attaching a photo of the end of Bessey clamp that I purchased in 2004 (at Lee Valley Tools).

David Rose
08-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Yes, the spreader feature is pretty new. I picked up a couple at the borg a few months ago and puzzled over the "black removable thingy that kept falling out" on the end.

David

Dean, you say in your review that the K-body clamps are reversable so that they can be used as spreaders.

They are not all reversable. I am attaching a photo of the end of Bessey clamp that I purchased in 2004 (at Lee Valley Tools).