PDA

View Full Version : Central States Bbq Motels and campsites...

Terry Hatfield
08-24-2004, 9:56 AM
Howdy everyone,

Party plans are continuing nicely. Looks like it's gonna be a big'un!!!!!

Here is the motel info and the listing of camsites for those who are interested in camping out while attending the bbq.

This is the one right next to Susan's Rest.

Best Western Heritage Inn
1394 W. Sunset
Springdale, AR
$54/nite for 2 people

Most folks so far are staying at the Best Western. We will be having our usual breakfast Saturday morning at 7 at Susan's Rest. It's just a walk across the parking lot from Best Western.

Here is the link to the Beaver Lake campsites.

http://www.beaverlake.com/lodging/campgrounds/

The Hickory Creek Campsite is the closest to the party.

Let me know if you need any more info and we'll see you on Sept 17,18, and 19!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry

Dennis Peacock
08-24-2004, 10:47 AM
I was just gonna post info like that if you didn't post today.!!! ;)

Ya know...stuff like:

Hatfield Hotel
Springdale, AR
$99 per night/2 people
Parking $5 per day
Shop Fee $50 per day
Grass Parking $10 per day
Food, drinks, and seating extra. Price depends on demand for items.
Limited bathroom access (no out-house) and $1.00 fee for each use. Quantity discounts available after discussion with management. :)

:eek: :D :rolleyes: :p

Just kidding folks..!!!!!

Terry Hatfield
08-24-2004, 11:10 AM
d,

Sorry to be so tardy!!! :(

It's be freakin' nuts here. Everybody ran over each other in the last 2 weeks!! :) Good for business, but it ain't left any time for much else.

t

Scott Coffelt
08-24-2004, 12:09 PM
I believe Mr. Diemer has secured two rooms for the gang from KC and somewhere out ye west (Chris P.). I think Jack is also working on his neighbor to join us as I believe he is a recent addition to SMC.

Terry Hatfield
08-24-2004, 12:11 PM
I believe Mr. Diemer has secured two rooms for the gang from KC and somewhere out ye west (Chris P.). I think Jack is also working on his neighbor to join us as I believe he is a recent addition to SMC.

Scott,

Cool!!!! The more the merrier!!!

t

Chris Padilla
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I was just gonna post info like that if you didn't post today.!!! ;)

Ya know...stuff like:

Hatfield Hotel
Springdale, AR
$99 per night/2 people
Parking $5 per day
Shop Fee $50 per day
Grass Parking $10 per day
Food, drinks, and seating extra. Price depends on demand for items.
Limited bathroom access (no out-house) and $1.00 fee for each use. Quantity discounts available after discussion with management. :)

:eek: :D :rolleyes: :p

Just kidding folks..!!!!!
Egad! I thought staying at Terry's would be cheap....:(

Terry Hatfield
08-24-2004, 12:17 PM

Hey......a guy's gotta make a buck however he can you know. :D

t

Steve Clardy
08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Chris. That isn't all the fees you gotta pay.!!:eek:

First there's the fee to get into Arkieland from California.:eek:
Then the Springdale fee.:eek:
Then the fee for getting into Green Acres.:eek: Theres usually a gateman there with a HUGE shotgun, taking money.:eek:

Bring a BIG pocket book Chris. Lol
See ya there.:D
Steve

Chris Padilla
08-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Geeez, Steve...I gotta go through all that to get my Bessey clamps!!! So much for the wonderful savings I got.... :( :(

Steve Clardy
08-24-2004, 12:47 PM
Geeez, Steve...I gotta go through all that to get my Bessey clamps!!! So much for the wonderful savings I got.... :( :(
CLAMPS????:eek:

Ah gosh Chris. Forgot to fill you in on that one.:o

I heard those big red things have to be passed around till they are gone. Early friday morning if I remember.:confused:

Chris Padilla
08-24-2004, 12:50 PM
:mad: Hrmph! :mad:

Looks like it'll be "Easter Egg" hunting time in Arkansas for me...no time to eat, no time to sleep....:(

David Rose
08-24-2004, 10:40 PM
Chris, don't sweat it! Terry's got a big heart. I think you can get up to 5% off if you bring some tools or wood to soften him up. Last time they invited us over for supper it worked for me! :D Now the state and city are totally different matters. Those fees to get in are taxed at about 25%. If you want a package deal though, I know the "tax man". I may be able to get you 24%. :eek:

David

Jack Diemer
08-25-2004, 10:37 AM
By the way, my next door neighbor Mike Hannah is in for the trip. He has been lurking Saw Mill for the last couple months. He has gone nuts with that whole turning hobby. Only thing I can spin is my table saw blade.

Anyway, if he would ever get his act together and officially join saw mill creek, everyone could give him a warm welcome to the creek.

Anyway for those interested, its not as close as the hotel Terry reccommended, but I did the Priceline thing and got hotel rooms for $40+9 tax and they put us at the Baymont Inn and Suites.

What I did was select Springdale.............2 star hotel..........then I put in $40. If someone else does this, they should try something less than $40.

Mike Hannah
08-26-2004, 9:05 AM
No longer lurking, I finally joined. I am certainly looking forward to your BBQ Terry. Jack warned me about turning before I got into it - I'm hooked! I've got to learn to balance the turning with the honey-do's or I'm gonna be in some serious trouble. See ya all in a couple of weeks.

Dennis Peacock
08-26-2004, 11:03 AM
<b>Welcome Mike!!!!!!</b>

Welcome to the world of both flat and round....wood that is!!! :)

We'll meet at the BBQ.....that reminds me....I gotta get a Lee Valley order in. See ya.... :eek: :D

Chris Padilla
08-26-2004, 3:59 PM
No longer lurking, I finally joined. I am certainly looking forward to your BBQ Terry. Jack warned me about turning before I got into it - I'm hooked! I've got to learn to balance the turning with the honey-do's or I'm gonna be in some serious trouble. See ya all in a couple of weeks.
Ooohhh, Mike...DIEHARD Bronco fan here...should be another fun year! :) hehehe

Terry Hatfield
08-26-2004, 5:34 PM

Welcome Mike!!!!!!! Look forward to seeing you around the creek and at the Bbq!!

Terry

David Rose
08-26-2004, 8:01 PM
Terry, if this is getting "out of hand" and you need a place to stay while CUSA woodworkers take over your homestead, I'll trade ya a place to stay for a few short Bessies. :D Oh, and if you bring the brisket over here, I'll furnish plates and utensils. ;) On second thought, don't come without a few pounds of brisket. :rolleyes: Of course, leave some at your house, as I'll be going over to help everyone demolish your place.

David

Dennis Peacock
08-26-2004, 8:05 PM
On second thought, don't come without a few pounds of brisket. :rolleyes: Of course, leave some at your house, as I'll be going over to help everyone demolish your place.

David

I here ya David.....Kevin and I are already planning on trashing his shop with wood shavings!!!!!! :eek: :p

David Rose
08-26-2004, 8:15 PM
Yeah, if we could get Terry out of there, we could sure give him a big surprise! :D Fine dust, saw dust, chips, shavings... I can think of all kinds of things to wreck his mind! And the wind has pretty well died, so he can't just open the doors and let it evacuate itself. We can stop all surgeries for a number of hours. ;)

David

I here ya David.....Kevin and I are already planning on trashing his shop with wood shavings!!!!!! :eek: :p

Jack Diemer
08-26-2004, 8:38 PM
It won't just be wood shavings all over Terry's clean shop, we are bringing a pickup truck full of chisels, gouges, lawn mower blades, sissors, disposable razors and butter knives down from KC for Dennis to sharpen.

David Rose
08-26-2004, 10:34 PM
Jack, you think Dennis has got a fixture for brush hog blades? I have several neighbors... Man! We can add metal dust and fragments, carborundum and diamond dust everywhere. Maybe we need a couple of window fans to evenly distribute it all around the room! If we dump the water out of the Tormek, will it throw hot sparks on Terry's epoxy floor?

Disposable razor blades? Has Dennis taken up Scarey Sharp? I don't think the Tormek will quite do that. Aw, bring any old ones anyway. We can convert them into dust and fragments. :eek:

David

It won't just be wood shavings all over Terry's clean shop, we are bringing a pickup truck full of chisels, gouges, lawn mower blades, sissors, disposable razors and butter knives down from KC for Dennis to sharpen.